Urgent help needed, locked out of my xbox live account with no way to redeem it

Okay so I turned my xbox on today and I try to sign in to Xbox live. When I do this I get a message saying "we need the email address and password for your microsoft account  so we can check for updates and the security of your xbox profile". I made this xbox live account 3 years ago and have no idea what the password is (I do know what the email address is as it appears in the corner of the screen when signed into live). So I press continue and I see it has my xbox live email pre entered. I click next and my password is pre-entered (What i presume is my password, seeing as I don't remember it). Click done and I get a message saying "Sorry. something's wrong with your microsoft account go to account.live.com for help Code: 8015D003" . So I go there and I have to enter my email and password (which I don't know) in. I have 2 ideas of what it could be but both don't work. So I google how to change my xbox live password and email. Google tells me I need to sign into live (which I cant do because my email and password don't work) to change it. So I create a new microsoft account (This very account) and see if that works on my xbox, when I type that in I get "Sorry either that's the wrong password or the email you entered doesn't have an xbox live membership. Please try again, or go to xbox.com/forgot if you need help code: 8015D002". When I go to the website it tells me I need to sign into live to reset my password (Which i can''t do because I need my password to sign into live which I don't Know

Please help me, I had this account for 3 years I don't want to loose it all. This is also my first forum post every so I hope you can actually read this.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2019 Views 1,748 Applies to:

Ok...here's what you have to do: you will have to contact Support and go thru the infamous, dreaded, and most-hated account verification process.  I had a similar problem once so this is how I know.  You can do the phone version or the email version.  I suggest the latter because you can research answers.  The questions are basic like the name on the account, address, phones, etc.  And there might some more estoric like the ip address.  You will have one of two results:  (1) You answer them correctly to MS' satisfaction and they will send a password-reset link to any email you suggest or (2) you will fail to answer them correctly to MS' satisfaction in which case your account is gone...doomed to float around in cyberspace until such a time as MS decides to purge it.

The good news on the last option is that you can just retry...be warned: I have noticed over the years (and I had this myself but for a different reason) 99% of people who just simply made up the account info like email and password have a tendency not to know any details about the account.  Learn from mistake,  Keep records of all your account info.  And don't beg the agent for the password...they don't have it.  It took me six months and just about as many email version to gain access back to the account I needed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I found some options searching code in support.xbox.com/.../error-code-lookup

But as your issue its that forgot password do you try recover it with your security proofs ?

If already tried or does not have security proofs access, then try account.live.com/.../reset enter email and code and you will have a link "I can't use any of these options." to fill questionarie.

Also you can contact support if you like support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks to the both of you for the answers, luckily I didn't have to go through the contact support, instead I found a way to change my password on the "accounts live" page meaning I had a password I knew that I could type in.

Thanks again to the both of you for the informative answers, hopefully I won't have to deal with this again   =D

Sorry this didn't help.

Because i couldn't remember the login or details for an email account i haven't used since 2006 i have absolutely no way to get into my xbox profile... so i've lost all my purchases, points, achievements, everything.

keep getting emails telling me that my only option is to create a new account but that's not a solution, it's avoiding the fact that i've spent £100's on games, downloads, add ons and can no longer access them. are there any other solutions? is there a number anywhere that i can call or has skynet taken over?

Sorry this didn't help.

The only other option is to try and contact support directly to see if they can help. support.xbox.com/contactus

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you setup the 2 step verification process?  If you did you need to enter that code for your password.  Then save the password.

Sorry this didn't help.

This sucks they said I have to wait 30 days really!!!??

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there C,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your account.

Please go ahead and create a new thread detailing your situation along with any error codes/messages you see and the troubleshooting steps you've tried and we'll be happy to provide support for you there. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried g resetting my password, but when I had gotten to the page that says "enter the account you are trying to get into, and the code below" the code never works.

Sorry this didn't help.

please do not reply or bump threads over a year old create a fresh thread with your issues and what you have tried to do and support or ambassadors will assist you.

Sorry this didn't help.