Unable to redeem Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks on Windows 10 Xbox App

Hello all! I've been running into a problem of not being able to redeem Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks. Whenever I try clicking on ANY of the perks within the Windows 10 Xbox app, it states:

"Sorry, we're having trouble showing the details of this perk right now. Try again a little later."

I've tried uninstalling and resetting all Xbox related apps, also tried getting Xbox insider to see if it would resolve the issue. I've updated Windows to the latest update (also checked optional updates) but no luck. I tried phone support once, but they weren't any help.

It's been almost a week and nothing has changed. I've tried using the Xbox Game Pass (iOS) and it does work for some perks, but of course, the ones I want aren't able to be redeemed outside of the Xbox app and Xbox itself (Which I don't have an Xbox). The ones that I attempting to get are: Discord Nitro, Disney+, and Spotify Premium. I'm inside the United States, so region lock shouldn't be an issue. Also, it's just the perks that are the problem, Game Pass games I can install no issue.

I've already read the FAQ page (and many others), here is the link to save you time. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-perks-faq 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi Seth Haney,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to redeem Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks and is unable to because you received an error message. Let us check this together so you may get back to gaming.

If you are signed into the correct Microsoft account and still have an active subscription in here - Microsoft account | Order history. There should be no issues with availing the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks.

However, since your having issues with the Perks, as stated in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks FAQ unable to redeem Perks will need to contact support. I would highly recommend you to contact Xbox Support for this. Please go to Xbox Support and sign into your account so you may have option to call or chat with Support.

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response.  Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Kathy A.

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

A friendly reminder to always secure your Microsoft account by adding secondary email, mobile #, use authenticator app & generate recovery code - https://account.live.com/proofs/manage/additional

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 17, 2022 Views 22 Applies to: