un-uninstalling gaming services (windows 11)

I noticed that there was some random service running on my task manager called 'gaming services', which had an xbox logo on it. Thinking to myself "I dont own an xbox, dont plan on owning one, and wouldnt want my xbox and computer talking anyways", I deleted it by running the line "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers" in power shell.

Well, for reasons incomprehensible to me, deleting that seemingly xbox related service from my PC actually broke the minecraft installation on my computer. So now, begrudgingly, I need to know how to re-install gaming services.

Answer
Answer
Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Pwnsire

Gaming services are needed to play most of the Microsoft Store games. They're not related to Xbox consoles.

Try this to reinstall the gaming services again:

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
"This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again.

If that doesn't work:

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:
start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page, and then select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 14, 2024 Views 5,040 Applies to: