Ultimate Word Games on Windows 10 -- Cannot Sync Game Data with Cloud

This has been going on for over a week.  I've tried e-mailing support, but no response to original e-mail or follow-ups.  Since September 6, I keep getting a popup that states "We can't sync your data with the cloud right now."  There are two options, "Try again" and "Play offline".  Try again doesn't resolve the issue.  No error messages are displayed.  Play Offline does allow me to play the game, but of course nothing is saved to the cloud, meaning that I can only play on one computer.

My guess is that that Microsoft has quietly shut down Ultimate Word Games with no notice.  Hopefully, I'm wrong, and my issue is just some weird one-off situation and the e-mail channel is the only thing that Microsoft has shut down without notice.

Anyway, if anyone has any idea how to resolve this could sync issue with Ultimate Word Games, I'd appreciate it.

Reply In reply to deleted message
I tried uninstalling and re-installing on my Surface, but the only thing that accomplished was wiping out all of my Ultimate Word Games data on that computer.  My Solitaire Collection and Sudoku games are all syncing just fine.  I will try the Factory Reset on my Surface and see what happens.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

How can I do a Factory Reset.

Is anyone else having the same problem?  Anyone else find a solution to it?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It appears that the problem is based, at least in part related to Microsoft renaming Jumble to Word Twister.  I am able to create a new account, and I can play Ultimate Word Games using that account, but if I switch to my regular account, the Cannot Sync With The Cloud problem resurfaces.  So, something two weeks ago--from the Microsoft side of things--essentially corrupted my account, and now I can't use it with Ultimate Word Games.  And Microsoft apparently doesn't care, since no one from Microsoft is interested in this forum, nor are they interested in looking at e-mail.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From all I can tell, I believe the problem is that my cloud data for Microsoft Ultimate Word Games is corrupted, and that's preventing me from syncing.  Is there a way to erase my Cloud Copy, and then sync my local data back up to the cloud?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2023 Views 313 Applies to: