Transfer game to child account

Hello

I have a family group in Microsoft. As a parent, I bought a Minecraft Dungeon game for my son at Microsoft Store. I did it on my account. Unfortunately, I can't transfer this game to my son's account now.
Is there really no option to transfer a purchased game to childrens accounts? Do I really have to buy this game a second time now?

I don't mean to play it simultaneously, but only for my son to play.

BR

Adam

If you bought the game on the same Xbox as the Child account all you have to do is install it onto the Xbox and it will show up on the the child account

If not make sure your Xbox is set up as your Home Xbox, this will allow you to also share your Xbox live with the account 

As the guy said below, on another account you will have to add your account then set that account as the home xbox on your childs xbox

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you have 2 Xbox, put your Xbox in his name... all games you buy are shared. If not he must log onto your account or be on you Xbox with your account logged in.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you all for your answer.

In our case, I and my son have Windows 10 PC. Thats why i choose category Gaming on Windows PC/PC Gaming.

I was looking for a different category to ask a question, but the one for the XBox was the most appropriate for me. Should I maybe ask this question in another category?

BR

Adam

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 6, 2024 Views 1,377 Applies to: