Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Backwards Compatibility

Recently purchased a near-pristine copy of KotOR for the original Xbox. I also recently obtained an Xbox 360 E from a friend, and decided to play KotOR again. I pop it in, hit play, and it tells me, "The game couldn't start. Try downloading it again." Thing is, it isn't downloaded (not even available for download, would be a lot easier if it were), and I have a disc copy. I deleted the most recent update, reupdated, cleared my cache, restarted my console, looked for it among my games, couldn't find it, I even tried signing out. Nothing. Now I'm stuck with a big fat error message. What do I do?

Check the disc for scratches or damages. Otherwise check if the console can read other discs normally.

Game ON!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Check the disc for scratches or damages. Otherwise check if the console can read other discs normally.

It plays other discs fine. The disc isn't scratched at all.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey PERIGRINE POWER! Double check and make sure the console is fully up to date. Additionally, check here for a few other troubleshooting steps as well. Post back and let me know!

Mister CiZl

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky HERE for the best info.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 251 Applies to: