Someone threatened to hack me

The account  (edited by a moderator) Has threatened to hack my account. He says that he has my I.p adress and credit card details and he keeps logging into my account

Hi ImImpacT,

Sorry to hear that you ran into some trouble.  First off, if this person claims to be logging into your account, I would change your password and security questions to be safe.  Second, you can report them via your xbox -> support.xbox.com/.../chat-terms-of-use-conduct.  Also, it is against the forum rules to call out other players by gamertag. Just letting you know.

I hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Don't believe what gamer's tell you about hacking your account, they should have already done it without telling you. Block communications with that gamer and in future reference. It is not allowed to call them out in the forums.

Did you happen to give that person any personal information?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd be interested to know if you get anything like "[Gamertag] was last signed in on another console" when you sign into your console. If you do, he very well may have. However most public declarations of compromise is an act to scare you. Please review xbox.com/security for the most up to date security tips.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, like others have said a lot of people only threaten and can't actually do anything and also like mentioned befor you should block them.

Another thing you can do to be sure you're as safe as posible use the checklist on here www.xbox.com/.../Account-Security to be as secure as possible, and keep in mind to never give your password and/or security question/answer to anyone. Microsoft employees will never ask for them.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, ImpacT. Just to tie everything together, I would recommend blocking communications awith this user and filing a complaint via your console by following the directions here: forums.xbox.com/.../19139.aspx. In addition, this page offers helpful tips for how to secure your account: http://xbox.com/security. Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Someone by the name of xXCABOOSE420Xx threatened to hack mine (PoiiZoner3) and ZeroCoolism's accounts because we assassinated him during a clan headhunt on Halo 5: Guardians. It is hilarious how most online players resort to hack threats and insults when they have nothing to blame for something but their own temper and skill. I would really enjoy it if you wonderful people at Microsoft and Xbox Live would help me and Zero in our time of need, as we would like to keep our accounts the way they are. Thank you for reading this message and I hope me and Zero are safe from the hack if it is a real threat.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey PoiiZoner3!

Not allowed to name and shame here on the forums. Also, please try not to bump old topics as this specific topic is over four years old. :)

Panda cx

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 6, 2024 Views 101 Applies to: