Some PC Game Pass Games Stuck on "Signing in" Screen When Trying to Launch

I recently signed up for game pass but when I try to run certain games they will open a window that says "signing in..." in the bottom right corner. No matter how long I wait, nothing will change. For context, when I open games that do open properly, they will also open a window for the game but the bottom right corner says "Launching game..." instead and then the game opens. This problem is game-specific so it will always happen with some games and never with others. So far, I've found this problem with Fallout 4, Doom Eternal, Starbound, and Paw Patrol the Movie. I have seen a couple of others post about this problem on Reddit recently but no one has found a fix yet. Things, like restarting my computer and uninstalling and reinstalling the games, don't seem to work. Any suggestions on what I should try? Also, are other people able to play these games through PC game pass?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm starting thinking about some system corruption in your actual machine.

Are you able to test one the affected games in a different computer?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Josef and charitylilbear, I'm not exactly sure what fixed it but I'm able to open all my games now. It looks like it was something that was messing with gaming services opening when I launched certain games but now it opens and signs me in. Thank you to both of you especially Josef for helping me over several days and suggesting new things. I hope you both have a good day and thank you again.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, thanks for the update!

At the end, you are able to play as usual again!
I'm glad for that, now I only wish you to have a great day and happy gaming!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello everyone,
I'm having the same problem and despite trying all troubleshooting steps listed above i wasn't able to resolve my issue. What I've established is that when launching game on my pc the "gamingservicestcui.exe" doesn't show up in taks manager (it does show up on another working computer and I believe that it is responsible for actual pop-up window asking for permission to sign in and allow game to access information on my Microsoft account).

I am attaching ss of task manager from both good working pc and my pc.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The same problem with the pop-up window, did everything that was indicated above, but nothing helped

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I hope you're doing well! I had the same issue and after about a week of searching, I found a fix.

• Open up your settings and search for "Apps & features"

• Search for "Xbox"

• Click on it once, underneath "Microsoft Corporation", click "Advanced options"

• Make sure your Xbox app is closed, once you're sure its closed click repair.

• Go back to "Apps & features" and search for "Gaming Services"

• Click on it and go to "Advanced options"

• Press "Terminate" (There will be no indication you clicked on it but it will have ended any Xbox game services that are still running.)

• Click on "Repair" then "Reset"

• Wait a second or so then open up "Xbox"

• Now launch the game where it wouldn't get any further than "Signing in"

Don't be alarmed because it will say "Signing in" but after a second, an actual window should finally open up asking you to sign in and if you trust this app. I hope this helps!

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I am having this issue right now with No man´s sky, I have installed it yesterday, when I open it I get stuck at the signing screen I assume there should me a pop up screen asking me to let this app access my info, I tried what you have wrote, but it didnt seems to work. Dont you know anything else I could try to make it work?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This may or may not help. Its what I did before I found a fix so maybe they "piggyback" off of eachother.

Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper
Xbox Live Auth Manager
Xbox Live Game Save
Xbox Live Networking Service
Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.
Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)
If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Try repeating my fix that I came up with then restart your pc and try running No Mans Sky again. If you can't get it to work Microsoft has got some work to do.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi lux haven,
thank you for your contribution. Despite trying troubleshooting steps you have posted above I wasn't able to resolve my issue with games (such as Death Stranding, Paw Patrol or Shenzhen I/O) stuck on "signing in". I'm looking forward to trying new possible solutions as I want to play Death Stranding really badly but wouldn't like to format my system.

One quite intriguing fact that I have discovered is that No Man's Skay that I've play few years ago on the same PC but with windows 10 (I'm on 11 at the moment) goes straight from "signing in" to "syncing data" without additional pop-up windows asking to approve signing in. Not sure why THIS game in particular is working since I have freshly installed new system and no save data could've survived locally on my drive.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, i just came back here today to tell you how i managed to fix the problem, after trying all the methods here and none worked i gave up! But today i decided to give it a try and finally managed to get it working.

Hope this works for you!

- Open the Xbox app

- On the main screen click on your name at the top left

- Log off your account

- Login back again and try to play

This worked for me, when i launched the game it asked me to sign in like usual but this time i clicked Let's play and it started the game!

I don't know if this is the reason but i'm guessing this happened because i had bought the game pass like 4 months ago and i didnt continue with the subscription. I'm saying this because all the games that i had already installed the last time were working fine, it's just the new games i downloaded now that weren't working.

But yeah, hope this does it for you, i'll be waiting for feedback!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 15,163 Applies to: