SOLVED: Xbox 360 S won't play Backwards Compatible Games - Even with official MS hard drive

SOLVED
Did a system cache clear on all drives and the game works now! Paul with the fellow gamer chat line helped me out - was dubious since it wasn't Microsoft's official support team, but it worked :)

---------

Hey All,

I'm trying to play some original Xbox games on the compatible list (The Thing, Spider-Man 2) on my Xbox 360 S and even with an official hard drive it's not playing. Attached are photos of the hard drive and the error screen I get when I try to play.

Even with an internet connection to make sure it's updated, it won't work.

I tried manually updating the 360 after downloading the update from microsoft (link) formatting a thumb drive for MS DOS (FAT32) and copying all the unzipped files to it (straight to the drive, not enclosed in another folder), but it doesn't ask to update.

I'm downloading with a Mac (no PC in the house), but if the thumb drive is formatted properly I don't know how that might impact the download, unzipping and pasting the files to the drive.

Thanks for any advice.

its good to hear got you fixed your backward compatibility problem on your Xbox 360. clearing the system cache on the Xbox 360's and Xbox one's consoles can fix the performance and some other problems you experience on the consoles.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the update. Good solution.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 3,699 Applies to: