Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error

Sea of thieves won't work through steam. I've tried all suggested fixes, re-enabled teredo, updated all my drivers, even set up port forwarding specifically for SOT's steam servers. Disabled VPN, firewall, and antivirus. Yet I face the same issue repeatedly: hazelnut beard (disconnect error). I've opened a ticket that's been escalated on the SOT website, but they don't seem to have a fix. Please help, I've spent over 20 hours over 3 days trying to play the game I JUST purchased.

|
Answer
Answer

Same problem here.

It appears to be an EAC related issue.
I can't access the game with the error: Hazelnutbeard. Thinking it was a possible error related to my internet connection, I assumed that my partner couldn't access the game either. (PS. He can).
I tried logging in with another account (same PC) and the game starts without problems.

SOT support responded to me with this : "Unfortunately for the moment we do not have any additional troubleshooting that we can offer. As further troubleshooting is unlikely to resolve this issue, our team is instead working on a solution to roll out to all affected players"

I think it's an automatic shadowban (by obvious mistake) due to a EAC.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

This is the strangest customer service I have ever contacted. I've been waiting for 2 days to understand why the account went from "haz error, to redbeard"

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 3,211 Applies to: