Router's Configuration

We have a Belkin Router Model F5D8235-4 v1. How do I change my router's configuration so I don't need to be hard lined to the router for my Xbox to work? Do I just need to get a new router?  I've had this one forever and it's never caused me any problems.  Why isn't the wireless connection picking it up?  It works when I'm hard wired in.

Hello!

Are you sure that the Wifi is enabled on the router?

Did you try this troubleshooting : 

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/cant-see-wireless-network-solution

Xbox Ambassador
MCC 2011 - Community Contributor
MCTS : Small Business Server 2008
Remember to mark all helpful posts and answers

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there 808Shauna!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty trying to get your console to connect to your wireless network.

Generally, when there's no network seen, the best course of action for you to try is a power cycle of the console as outlined in How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console. However, it's best for any network to have their ports forwarded to help facilitate a steady and consistent connection to Xbox Live. For help on how to get that done, we suggest reviewing Network ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One but here's a step by step guide I found on portforward.com that should help you out with this step by step :  Belkin F5D8235-4

Thanks for reading!

Hope that helps!

(V) (°,,,,°) (V)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 354 Applies to: