Resident evil 6 online not working

Ok. I had to recreate this thread because Xbox removed the original. They though the thread was old and no solutions. So, it was closed and the problem still exist. Here is the problem: the game says it has inline capabilities but when you search for other players the game freezes. After the freeze , you are brought back to the dashboard. Capcom is aware but is doing nothing. I have port forwarded my router. I have deleted the game and all material to try to get it to work through reinstalling. I did get emails back from capcom when I emailed them over and over. Then suddenly they stopped . I think it is because capcom doesn't care that the game is incomplete. I'm not the only person with the problem. I've been an Xbox member for many years. I spent days with Xbox support to try to fix it on Xbox end. It isn't possible. 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey DragonKing711!

Thanks for creating a new thread for this issue. To clarify, what was the last thing you heard from Capcom in regards to this issue? If they are aware of the issue it is likely they are looking into it for a fix, although gameside issues like this are something that they will be able to help with more than us.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a crazy idea, It may be a glitch in our microsoft account profiles. What lead me to this conclusion are the following:

1. Tried on external HD and internal HD, same crash occurs/game freezes and crashes to dashboard when you have xbox live selected in the network settings tab in the game itself.

2. Removed MS account and uninstalled RE6. Then cleared the system cache. After i re-downloaded RE6 and tried again. Same error occurred.

3. Factory Reset my console and reformatted my external HD. [factory reset is also supposed to reformat the internal HD]. Then re-downloaded and tried again. Same error occurred.

4. The Game woks Perfectly with Offline selected in the network settings tab in RE6. On both HDs. Ruling out HD problems.

5.Deleted both Cloud and Console save files and restarted the game. Intro played through without fault. Same error occurred when selecting any campaign mode with xbox live selected in the networks settings tab of RE6. Game worked with my saves on and off the cloud with offline mode selected.

It is not the console, it i do not think is on Capcoms end anymore. I think it has something to do with the actual MS account. Some error at some point in time occurred and made a glitch somewhere.

Some error may have occurred after i had changed my gamer tag and attempted to play the game with multiplayer enabled [xbox live selected in the network settings tab in RE6]. Because the game worked with multiplayer mode enabled before on my account on this console. Maby something somewhere  on the accounts permissions to access RE6 in multiplayer mode or it could have resulted from a temp communication ban.

some thing on my account itself is at fault im sure of it.

I really have no clue but it may worth your while microsoft to look into for us.

Please and Thank You!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok. I started emailing capcom directly on April 21. I included the video and forum pages of the problem. They said they will send it on to their team. I emailed them weekly and finally got a response on May 2. They said no update and their team has the information. I emailed weekly without response until June 8. My last email to them said you lost a customer. No response since May 2nd.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your account idea is interesting which means I couldn't ever play another capcom game online ever. I wouldn't have access. Guess I should give up on capcom. I can play any other game online but resident evil on Xbox one. I used to play it on the 360. I wonder if Microsoft can transfer my account or should I move to PlayStation and give up on Xbox.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was wondering if I delete my old re game data from my xbox 360 account would that have some thing to do with it. if you have access to a 360 try deleting all the info on any re game from the memory ach and play data maybe that is causing a glitch I don't know this is very upsetting to me as well hundreds of people are having the same issue I really don't think these companies care enough about us as long as they get our cash in their pockets I bought three re games and this is happened re 5 6 and rev 2 all the same multiplayer crash they don't are wont even give me a refund for a product that doesn't work at all.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I really think it could be a server issue on Capcom side of this. xbox and Capcom really need to work together on this and figure it out because this isn't cool three games on three separate occasions bought in three different ways I bought digital thought was the problem bought physical thought that was the problem then I bought a used one all three same problem and they are all different titles. I will never buy another Capcom game. I'm starting to question my loyalty to Microsoft now as well.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I mean really? have a huge xbox sale for broken games lol you should see the comments and reviews on the dash board and they still wont do anything. smh.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

like I said this is not just a resident evil 6 problem its re 5 6 and rev 2 and who knows what others this could be effecting. please we need your help with this don't let us down.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having this issue as well but with Resident Evil 5 (haven't bought RE6) and it's incredibly annoying. I bought it on the Capcom sale and no matter what I  cannot create an online game without it crashing. I've power cycled, uninstalled and reinstalled, removed my save data from everywhere to start fresh and it still crashes. My NAT is set to open as well. I can join my friend who invites me to his game but it also seems to intermittently crash as well meaning no matter what I do RE5 crashing is something I really can't get around unless I play offline.

Another interesting wrinkle to all this is that Resident Evil: Revelations 2 crashes for me now too when I try to create a raid game. My copy of RE5 is digital and my copy of Rev 2 is a disc so it seems to make little difference.

The thing is the last time I played the game, I got online in raid mode just fine. At that time I had a near launch unit Xbox One and I'm currently playing an Xbox One S 2TB that I bought on launch. Other then my woes with RE5 and Rev 2 my games run fine. I've even created lobbies and matches in other games like Zombie Army, How to Survive, Van Helsing etc and nothing bad happens. I mean I've been playing RE0 HD the past week with no issues whatsoever, the games seem perfectly fine unless they have any online capability.

I was deeply concerned that for whatever reason Capcom games just seem to hate my new Xbox but after reading this topic and the previous one, I have my doubts about it being our consoles. Something is wrong on either Capcom or MS end or both and how they are interacting with each other. I'm tempting to dig out my xbox 360 copy of RE5 and see if I get any crash issues when I try to create a game on it, meaning M3TAL's guess that it could be our profiles could be right on the money. I'll see about doing that in the next couple of days and see what happens.

I've also contacted Capcom support but they haven't gotten back to me, but it's only been about ten hours since I made contact with them. I haven't hit Microsoft support yet since I really can't see what can be done to fix this with the standard steps. This is incredibly frustrating, I was looking forward to playing RE5 in co-op with my friend and it seems to be a wall I can't get around.

It makes me super weary of that Dead Rising Triple Pack coming out in a month, knowing that Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record could possibly not work for Xbox owners because "reasons."

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just started up on resident evil 6 again onxbox 360 my fav game off all time but won't let me on line? ? 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 4,484 Applies to: