Reporting Abuse On Xbox Live

[Mod Removed] This player sent me multiple messages asking for my address and threatening to kill me and my family. I feel I have done all I can do. I went to the individual's profile and filed a complaint as advised by an Xbox agent and blocked communications as well. All done through the console. I feel I have done all I can do, but just want to make sure that there is no possible way that this individual can ever do harm to me and my family.

Mod Edit: Please do not name and shame on the forums. Thank you.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Filing a complaint is the only route to take in making sure the user is reported to the Policy Enforcement Team. As long as they're blocked, they can't make contact with you any more as long as you don't engage in further contact.

I want to emphasize that this kind of behaviour is based on empty threats, all done because the person is anonymous (aside from the gamertag they have). If someone engages in similar behaviour in the future, be sure to block and file a complaint right away for investigation. You also have the option of changing your channels of communications to friends only (My Account on Xbox.com --> Security, Family and Forums --> Privacy Settings --> Communicate with voice and text --> Block).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

What kind of psycho asks for your address so they can come kill you!?  Is this how lazy our society is becoming? lol.  In all seriousness though, you should contact your ISP and local authorities if you honestly feel your life is in danger.  Filing a complaint is NOT your only route as MCD said, though it is definitely a good option.  However as I said, if you honestly feel that you and your families well being are in jeopardy then I would advise taking it a step further and call the cops and your isp immediately.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[Mod Removed] Unplug your modem/router or use a Proxy :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If any Xbox employee is looking at this, first, I don't know how to file abuse. But if any Xbox employee is here on this page, contact me through xbox message and I will send you the pictures of every text this player sent with literally no friends, three games and maybe a severe case of Insommnia maybe.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, Nobody here can help.

Please, mind the time stamp and use the console features.  

Maybe, start your own topic or contact support.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 3 Applies to: