Recycling Gamertags

HI i'm just here to say that its honestly unfair to your loyal customers to have to be satisfied with names that are either filled with numbers or filled with letters that shouldn't be there because of the stubbornness of Microsoft not to recycle gamertags that are no more in use or either are unavailable due to being banned. Most of us spend a lot of money each year for your service and its wrong that we have be identified with a silly name that you need to look at twenty times to understand. Most of the original gamertags either are silver with 0 gamerscore and haven't been used or just banned and stuck in limbo for all time. I always hear that you reset accounts and have yet to see it actually happen. But hey I guess people like me can go and buy a PS4 and dump the usual grand i spend a year on Microsofts lack of service to its loyal paying customers. I know this won't even be read or make a difference but in the case that one person reads how little xbox cares about making its paying customers happy after they have already payed and they have their money in the bank! An honestly the recycling of gamertags is one of a lot of things that xbox has failed to do for us. I'd be here all day if i had to explain the other stuff. So have a good day and enjoy laughing at me for wasting my and your time with this post.

Answer
Answer

HI Webopedia, 

Thanks for your feedback on this issue. If you would like a new feature added to the Xbox or you have a suggestion to make the Xbox Live service better please see the link below. There you can post your ideas, and allow peers to up-vote them if they agree with it. Microsoft looks at that feedback, and often implements items that people do want. Also, from what I understand Microsoft did do this at one point. Basically what happened is old gamertags that were popular got scooped up and sold on Ebay. This caused two issues, one it's against the ToU to sell and buy gamertags, and two people shouldn't have to pay for a gamertag they want. So because of all the bad people out there, this service got canceled. 

Xbox Feedback

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 80 Applies to: