Possible to exchange game download token?

Hi. Old guy with zero XBox experience. Just picked up the Holiday bundle for my son's Christmas present. It has Forza Motorsport and a downloadable token for Skyrim. I read the reviews when I got home and don't feel it is appropriate for him. I don't know how those codes work yet - will sort it out on Christmas- but was wondering if I could exchange that token for a rated E game? I don't really want to go back to the store and fight the crowds (and piles of people buying Xbox!) to exchange that console if I can just download a different game.

I believe redeem codes are non exchangeable and the bundles are pre-determined by either the retail supplier, and (or) microsoft. Fortunately, there are plenty of E rated games on the marketplace you can download. I recommend the LEGO games, they are very fun and engaging for young gamers. The marketplace has a fair few of them (ranging from just $19.99 upwards)

To name a few.

---------------------------------------------

Lego Batman

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

Lego Star Wars

The Marketplace is vast and very reasonably priced. CLICK HERE to browse through the marketplace. I have already selected "E for everyone" as a filter to the search for when you click the link. You can also search for games by title using the search option at the top right of the page. I hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You have the right to do whatever you wish with that code. If you haven't used it, you can give or trade it away freely, but these forums don't permit that activity here.

As a freebie in a bundle, it's not something you can trade in stores though.

PM and I can explain better options on what you could do.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to exchange the code or get it refunded. The only things you could do are:

1) Return the entire bundle to the store (seems you don't want to do that and I don't blame you).

2) Give/ sell the code (note you cannot trade this into a store). If you know another person with an Xbox, boom! Christmas present!

3) Use the code on the xbox. You can use it yourself and also invoke family settings on the console to make sure your son can't play games over a certain age rating (try to find the faq page on the site for help I can't link it sorry).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2021 Views 449 Applies to: