Playing Xbox game saves on PC

Hi, I have Xbox game Pass Ultimate and was wondering if the game saves will be shared with PC from the Xbox One and vice versa?

Online it says that cloud saves enable you to play game saves console to console but I can't see this for PC.

For instance it would be great to be able to play Gears 5 on the Xbox and then if I needed to play on the PC I could just pick up there pretty much instantly. Is this something that should be possible?

If the game is a Play Anywhere game, which Gears 5 is, then you'll be able to sync with your cloud save whether your on the Xbox or PC. So on those games you would be able to play on the Xbox and then pick up right where you left off on the PC.  https://www.xbox.com/games/xbox-play-anywhere?xr=shellnav

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Mustang

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about having using your save data across different platforms.

For any games that come included in the Xbox Game Pass for PC, I would like to recommend reviewing the Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ, where it states "On PC, titles can support cross-progression with Xbox One if developers choose to enable it."

However, in this instance, Gears 5 is an Xbox Play Anywhere title, and the FAQ for that states "When you play an Xbox Play Anywhere game, your game progress is saved on Xbox Live. So, you can pick up where you left off on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC, bringing all your saves, game add-ons, and achievements with you."

I hope this was able to clear up any confusion or turmoil this might have casued.

XBF Eladio M
Microsoft Agent
Xbox Forums Moderator
"Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared. – Eddie Rickenbacker." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 15,536 Applies to: