Playing Xbox Game Pass games offline?

Hi gang. 

I'm going to be without internet for at least a few days, and was wondering whether I'll still be able to play games I've downloaded through Game Pass in offline mode? I've set my account to "Home console". 

I'm seeing mixed messages saying that I can, for up to 30 days before I have to "check-in" again. But others have said they can't access their games without internet. 

Any help would be great :)

Thanks. 

Answer
Answer
Just make sure the games you want to play can be played in offline mode.  I know games like Resident Evil 5, Metro, Wolfenstein, etc can be played offline.  Just games that required an internet connection can't be played.
Game on gamers��

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello There......according to the Frequently asked questions section on Xbox Games pass, please see below:

(Most games available in the Xbox Game Pass PC Games plan on your Windows 10 device support offline play but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported. Games from the Xbox Game Pass library can be played while the PC is offline,but for no more than 30 days before the PC must reconnect to the internet to verify an active subscription. Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while you’re offline. While playing offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items, will not be available.)

Source : https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-game-pass/games

Happy Gaming,
Robby

Xbox Ambassador and Community Volunteer

55 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2021 Views 32,913 Applies to: