Permanently Banned Xbox Live Accounts 0x80a40021

Hello,

My xbox live account was permanently banned on Jan 31, 10:35am. I am accused of “a pattern of behavior using hate speech directed at other players.” This simply is not true. I cannot recall a time that I have ever done that, whether in person or online. I had not even sent any chats or engaged in voice chat on xbox live for quite some time. I requested a case review and the ban was upheld. I said that I do not know of any incidence the enforcement team could be referring to. I was sent a copy-paste response telling me about hate speech. I have never been suspended in any capacity by xbox before, so even if this was a mistake by the enforcement team, I do not know why I would be banned permanently instead of a day, week, month etc.

Additionally, I know of a few friends who were also permanently banned at the exact same time for the exact same reason and received the exact same case review response. Some have not signed in for a month. I have only joined some of them on xbox live a few times, and others, I have never joined with online. As far as I know, they are good people who would not engage in the behavior that they are accused of either. So I find this strange that we would all be banned for alleged harassment at the same time when we had never all engaged in online chat together at one time.

Is it possible that our accounts were hacked to spam hate speech? When I signed in to my xbox, it never said that it was signed into another console, and nobody else has access to my account or passwords. How would I possibly figure this out? It would be great if I could sign in to check my chat history to see if any spam was sent.

Or is this a possible mistake on the enforcement team end? Is anyone else suspended in a similar scenario? The suspension was already upheld, so I would need to be able to speak directly with an enforcement team member, correct? How would this be possible?

thank you for spending the time to read this and/or provide a response.

You can check the enforcement site HERE to view what it was exactly that got you banned, along with that, you can try refuting the ban, but it's not guaranteed.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That was the first thing I did after I saw the ban. Website sends me to my enforcement history. This permaban is the only thing there. It states that I have committed harassment/abuse/threats. I submitted a case review where I probably seemed dumbfounded. I have no idea what they would have been referring to. I don’t really join public lobbies or engage in chats with strangers. That’s the jist of my case review application. The enforcement teams response stated that I have a pattern of behavior that included hate speech. So this made me even more confused. I would like to know about other avenues I can try to amend this.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, excluding your friends because you have no real way of knowing what they have done. Your live account follows you from the FIRST day you sign on. so it could have been 1999 you joined it would follow allway to 2021 so its no telling when this could have possible happened. If its a perm ban they had enough info to do so. As far as an accident I havent really seen that happen. As far as first time happened and not given a week or a days suspension thats up to the enforcement dept. to be the judge of. The only contact is the website unfortunately its no way at all to talk to a live representative about this matter. Sorry.
Girls game too :D
XBox is NOT Playstation!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again,

I found another individual with a remarkably similar problem on these forums. They posted around the same time as I have. Perhaps there was a ban on a single console and all accounts that had ever used that console had also been banned. Is that possible? The only connection that all my affected friends have is that we probably signed into one xbox at some point. This is the only reasonable explanation I can think of. To me, this sounds like a mistake by the enforcement team or some auto ban algorithm they have made up.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, Im following that thread to see what happens. A suspension is one thing but I've NEVER seen an account perm banned and it was a mistake. I'm curious to see what happens here especially since so many people were affected. I just know the enforcement team follows the WHOL history of the account. So if you joining in 200 and are still her in 2021 it goes from 200-2021 no telling when the behaviors could have taken place. I am watching closely each and every day to see what happens though!!
Girls game too :D
XBox is NOT Playstation!!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My friends and I were all banned at the exact same time to the second, 10:35:35 am on Jan 31st. We were banned for the exact same reason and received the same response to the case review. Our only connection is that we have all signed into the same xbox console at one time. I would love to know if that console is banned, but unfortunately, I have been told by its owner that it has not been functioning for several months. I suspect that the enforcement team banned all accounts associated with that xbox. So perhaps, one of us participated in a pattern of harassment/hate speech. Therefore, only one of us should have been banned. I think enforcement believed, for some unknown reason, that we were the same person. To me, this seems like a single ban wrongfully applied in scope. The creator of that other thread seems to have this same exact problem. There is some systemic problem here. Something appears to have changed this past weekend when all these types of bans were applied. My friends and I have filed case reviews. They were wrongfully upheld. Our only other avenues are this forum and xbox support. We need somebody to talk to enforcement on our behalf. Xbox support appears to be unwilling to do so so far.

I hope this will be changed soon. It has been almost a week. We have been loyal, paying xbox customers for years. We were banned without warning or evidence and without useful avenues to amend the problem. This system isn’t working.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing happened to me, I submitted a case review last night asking straight up what exactly it is I did to receive a permanent ban. An enforcement agent responded with no real information, what they said is, "This account was suspended for threatening the personal safety of other players on Xbox Live. Specifically, this includes threats of death, physical harm, or attempts at network manipulation." I've never once done any of those things, and it doesn't seem like they actually investigated anything I did. I've purchased lots of games, as well as some movies through my account, which I no longer have access to because I can't even log in. This feels like being told to just throw away my account along with anything I purchased through it, and for no real reason. These permanent suspensions help nobody and nothing. They need to stop.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 5,005 Applies to: