PC Game Pass "Looks like you're stranded"

Hello Gamers,

I'm getting the "Looks like you're stranded..." error every time I try to get the game pass on PC. I've tried resetting, repairing through Windows Settings, reinstalling, updating the Xbox app through the Microsoft Store, restarting my PC and just about everything Google has to offer - nothing helped. I'm running the latest version of Windows 11 (22H2), with the latest software and driver updates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S.: Unfortunately I can't upload or paste a screenshot, it fails every time for some reason.

same here

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

same here too

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a question for all that have the same issue... do you recently upgrade from windows 10 to 11? I'm currently facing the same problem, as you all propably did, i already reinstall windows 11, reinstall the microsoft store using powershell, the main problem is whenever try to either get game pass subscription or try do download any game (when te app is recently open it let me download but no progression over it) and then if i close and reopen the app and again try to download any game it pop up "Dowload Gaming Services" with a eternal repeating bug

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yea, I recently updated to Win 11 (a month ago maybe). After buying the game pass via the website, I am able to browse, download and play games in the app, however, when I click "See all plans" button, I still get the same error

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello InsaneCrawdad,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are having issue with your Xbox app. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

We would like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate information and resolution for you. To start, please provide us information and answer on the following questions.

1. When did the issue start?

2. Are you trying to install game when the issue occurs?

3. Are you able to play other games installed in your Xbox app?

4. Are you sign in the same Microsoft account in Microsoft store and Xbox app?

5. Can you provide us screenshot with the error message?

You may try these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Download first Xbox console companion app. After installing, check if the issue is resolved.

2. Install Gaming services

• Go to Microsoft Store and search for Gaming Services. If you can see install button, click to install. You may skip this step if you cannot see install button

3. Repair and reset game services

• Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings

• go to Settings / Applications / Apps & features

•  type Game Services in the search box / click on Game Services / Advanced options / Click Repair. If it doesn't resolve, click Reset.

4. Uninstall and reinstall game services

• Type PowerShell in the Windows search box, right-click Windows PowerShell, and click Run as administrator.

• copy and paste the command given below in the PowerShell window.

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

•  in the same PowerShell window paste the following command:

Run ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

• This will open the Microsoft Store; will show the game services using the Install button. Click Install to install Gaming Services,

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Tomm,

Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions:

1. It started a day before I posted this, so 11.01.2023.

2. Not trying to install, just trying to buy the game pass via the app

3. Yes, I'm able to browse, download and play games in the app

4. Yes, I'm signed in with the same account

5. I couldn't upload before for some reason, but here it is:

But to be clear, as I've stated above in a reply, I eventually bought the game pass via the website (instead of the app), and even though I got the same error a few times when trying to browse game pass games or see the plans, I am no longer experiencing this issue at the time of writing this. There was an update for the app not long ago, I thought maybe that solved the issue, since I didn't do anything (other than what I stated in my original post). I just kind of forgot to post an update here.

Maybe the others can update if they're still getting the error.

Cheers,

InsaneCrawdad

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello InsaneCrawdad,

Thanks for getting back with the thread and letting us know that the issue is now resolved.

Since you have subscribed to Xbox Game Pass, you can start downloading and installing your favorite games through your PC or you can play it through your Xbox console.

If you have other concern in the future, you can always post your concern by creating a thread through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Best regards, 

Tomm_A

Microsoft Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 9, 2023 Views 632 Applies to: