Owned games missing from ready to install list

My ready to install list on Xbox One keeps losing games. I've checked on two consoles. Splosion Man went away last week. Crysis 2 disappeared today. These games were bought with different accounts so there seems to be a glitch in the licencing system or in the current Xbox One dashboard.

So now what?

The store pages on xbox.com/microsoft.com do show that I own these games...

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Preliminarily try to performing a hard rest on your console, also known as a power cycle or full reboot, cold restart can help fix this any of this issues.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button on your Xbox console for 10 seconds while your console is on. This will power down Your console. When the 10 seconds  period is over  press the power button to power up you console again, And the green start up screen will display.

Your cache would be cleared, Some of your setting would be reverted, But your data are preserved, and all your issues should be resolved.

If things still don't seem to have resolved, connect with the account with which you made the purchase on this link: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

here you can find the chronological list of all your purchases and the codes redeemed.

and contact the support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry but that doesn't help.

I've tried hard resets.

The purchase history on account.microsoft.com is broken and missing several years of activity on both of my accounts.

(I think that's everything that was bought with Microsoft Points)

The old download history on Xbox.com that also showed the purchase dates is gone too. Luckily I printed it so I have at least the purchase dates for my 360 content archived.

The new "My Games" section on Xbox.com is also broken. For example it only shows one demo for one of the accounts. That's an account I used to buy several games with.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are both accounts that bought the game still tied the Xbox as their home console?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have seen several reports of this in the past week or two, so hopefully a fix will be released for it soon if it's an issue on Microsoft's end.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can always search for the game in the store and install It from there.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are both accounts that bought the game still tied the Xbox as their home console?

Yes.

So...I checked the purchase history as suggested above....

I'm a customer since 2008 and I bought my first digital games that year.

The order history however only goes back to 2010. And even with the order history it's hard to prove that I bought the games. 

Old purchases are only listed as "Microsoft points purchase". I know the specific date I bought Crysis 2 for example. I can only tell because of pure luck as I printed my purchase history on Xbox.com in 2018 shortly before the site was shut down.

Now with the second account it gets even harder to find the purchase of Splosion Man. As I said, I can only see purchases made after 2010. Splosion Man however was released in 2009.

So to summarize:

I know I bought the games, I can still download them through the Xbox 360 download history on console and the web store shows that I own the games when I'm logged in. Yet I can't install them from ready to install on Xbox One. Splosion Man can't even be searched on console. It's just gone. Even weirder: According to the web store It's still available with Game Pass.

I'm getting more and more worried about my digital purchases from Microsoft. Over the last months other games have disappeared from my list but those were purchased later and I managed to get them back. This time...I don't know...

Edit: I'm an insider and I've reported these cases on console as well as on the official Reddit forums but someone from the insider staff basically told me to get lost. Now I'm convinced this isn't an account issue as it happened to both of my accounts and on two different consoles. One Alpha skip ahead and one beta console. It looks like a glitch in the licencing system or in the dashboard...

Definitely on Microsoft's end...

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Anything you own will show as owned in your purchase history or appear in the Xbox store as owned. It may be linked to another account. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Anything you own will show as owned in your purchase history or appear in the Xbox store as owned. It may be linked to another account. 

Not helpful.

I know the accounts I bought the games with. 

Btw: The Store on Xbox One is also bugged. I noticed that several Game Pass games that are leaving this month say 'Play with Game Pass or purchase to own" when I actually bought those games years ago. For example The Maw, Battleblock Theater and others. The Store page for The Maw is also gone, comparable to Splosion Man but with an error page popping up. There's nothing for Splosion Man.

There's something really off here...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup, same thing happens with me...

I have many, many games that are not in my Ready to Install list. Sure, some of them have been removed from the Store over time now, just from delistings etc, but I have a dozen or two games, if not more, that are just not there. If I search for the game and pull it up in the Store, it will say "Install" next to it. But the problem is, having to go through your purchase history to see all of the ones you are missing from the Ready To Install list. We shouldn't have to do that.

This is definitely a bug on Xbox's end. It's been happening to my account for nearly a year, I'd say. It's frustrating because I know I have games that I'd bought that aren't there and I would really like them all to be in my Ready to Install list on my console for one easy place to view them all, quickly, and download them. 

I've also tried all of the recommendations from troubleshooting, hard resets, etc lol. Nothing works for me. It's just a bug and I've had to accept it, unfortunately. At this rate, it doesn't look like it's being fixed or worked on, as it's been close to a year ago that I noticed this and it's still ongoing today.

Wish I had something to help you, but all I can say is that it's not just you. The only thing we can do is try to keep a list (mentally or physically write one down) each time you discover a game you own is not in your Install list, so you don't forget about it. Sorry about that. It will be a wonderful day if and when Microsoft decides to focus on a fix for this. Fingers crossed, but as they're now focusing on their next project/console (Scarlett), I don't see bugs on the Xbox One being a top priority anymore. 🤔😞Again, sorry, wish I had better news or a solid fix. But, at least you know it's not just you.

Praise the Sun and Happy Gaming! :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also having problems with licences for a long time now.

The first one I remember was KOF Sky Stage when it became backward compatible. I had to get a support ticket for it to appear in my list.

Then all the delistings. I can still download most of them, Guardians of the Galaxy Episodes 2 to 5 are still gone however.

We went from being able to redownload all the games, even if delisted, to this...

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 6, 2024 Views 1,631 Applies to: