Old Xbox 360 Vs New

Hi,

I am little confused, not into gaming and looking for some advice.

Currently I am having older version Xbox 360 bought in 2014 but the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor is missing.

I tried with one of my friends Kinect sensor to check if my Xbox is working and there has been no issues with it.

Now my kid is asking to get Minecraft game in the Xbox for him to play.

I have below two options, please suggest which would work better.

1) Use the current Xbox 360

a) Buy new Xbox Kinect sensor ($180+)

b) Buy the game DVD's ($20+)

Total Cost - $200+

2) Buy New Xbox which includes all the new games

If it is option 2 please suggest the best model for a 8 yrs old kid and best deal for this Thanksgiving.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions !!!

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Hi, Welcome

I sugest you take the Xbox One S All Digital and if have the minicraft version for your kid I think with him go love that, because you go pay like the same of the kinect old version, and he go can play all new games with he want and the retrocompatible of old gen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Can you suggest which version of XBox One S is better ?

Also can we trade-in our old Xbox for new one ?

Sorry I am not into gaming and have absolutely no idea how this all works.

I bought it in 2014 when one of my friend suggested thinking i might like it but it is never my thing.

Now my kid would like to try it....

Lastly.. what options I have if i continue using by old Xbox 360 - I might save some $200 :)

Please suggest !

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In black friday sales there are very good discounts for xbox one S consoles (there are different bundles that include games) for example, Xbox One S Forza Horizon 4 LEGO® Speed ​​Champions bundle (1TB) $ 200 USD (on xbox store).

Now, do you think in the long term keep buying games? For the Xbox 360, there are no new ones. If your child sees a new one like plants vs Zombies battle for Neighborville, he will need an Xbox one.

Embajadores México en los foros oficiales

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you appreciate your response.

I believe we might need the Xbox for the next 2 years.. I am sure my kid would like something new again after 2 years.... so it would be for short term max 1-2 yrs....

Please suggest if we can use most of the games (I understand NOT all) will be compatible with Xbox 360 so that I can continue with my old one than going for a new one ($200)

Please suggest if we get Xbox Kinect sensor for a lower price in the sale, as I could see it in Amazon for $180.

Thank you for your time...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

I would recommend a standard Xbox One S, that has a disc drive. This opens opportunities to purchase pre owned games as well as digital, and to take advantage of significantly reduced bundle deals over the holiday season. I always recommend purchasing a new console over a pre owned/used one, as it means you have a fresh warranty if anything happens to go wrong.

Obviously, we cannot mention every single retailer's offers - search online or look around your local area for stores that sell electrical goods, to find the best deal. Also ask about trade ins, as places like GameStop offer such services. It's your choice, how you use your wallet. Don't be afraid to ask staff at stores, as they can advise you face to face and will happily show you their offers. :)

Alternatively, you can look online, but please use reputable retailers like Amazon, etc, once you KNOW what you want to buy, so you have complete peace of mind.

Xbox One had its own Kinect sensor, but it has been abandoned (no more games will be released for it). Development for Kinect on Xbox 360 has also ceased, as the generation is slowly being phased out. Most Kinect games will remain on Xbox 360 and will not be brought across to Xbox One's Backward Compatibility program, as both Kinect sensors use different technologies that are not compatible with each other.

There are many versions of Minecraft, please make sure that you purchase the current edition, here. The boxed game, titled 'Minecraft Xbox One Edition' will not be updated/supported, as of November 30th, 2019.

I would advise to purchase the game digitally from the Microsoft Store, as it doesn't take up much space on your hard drive and is guaranteed to be played for hours on end! :) It is also included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which is a subscription I would recommend highly - please give this page a good read. There is currently an offer that gives you 3 months for $1 (or regional equivalent) and after the 3 months, priced at $14.99 per month.

As for price, $160-200 will likely get you a Xbox One S console with one controller, up to 3 bundled games and a 1-3 month Ultimate Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold subscription. Ask your retailer for more details. If you would like to read up on what the subscription services offer, please take a look at this page. :)

If you have any other questions, you can search xbox.com at your leisure - many frequently asked questions are addressed and available anytime, from setting up a child account, to managing your subscriptions. Alternatively, feel free to post anything here and the community will be more than happy to help. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

L

Xbox Ambassador since 2011. Always happy to help. :)

Problems with Xbox Services? Check here:
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2021 Views 93 Applies to: