NO SOUND USING DOLBY ATMOS SOUNDBAR

I have the following issue : "No sound using my samsung Dolby Atmos (HW-K850)" , all my cables are certificated for dolby atmos and 4k support.

My actual connection is HDMI OUT XBOX to HDMI 1 in sound Bar and HDMI OUT (SOUNDBAR ARC) TO HDMI INPUT ARC in the TV.

I tried everything and no sound

Samsung UN55KU630DFXZA 55" 4K Smart TV

Also I installed the Dolby Access APP

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you're using an Xbox One or One S (not sure on the One X) the only Dolby Atmos support is the Headset out jack on the Xbox controller.

The HDMI audio out options on the Xbox are located here - 

- Settings > Display and Sound > Audio Output > (options) Off - Stereo uncompressed - 5.1 uncompressed - 7.1 uncompressed - Bitstream

You'll probably have to stick with Stereo uncompressed as the audio setting on the Xbox.

Based on page 14 of the manual of that sound bar, it only supports 2 channel input and it simulates 5.1 out

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201703/20170320124510111/HW-K850_ZA_161228.pdf

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

If you're using an Xbox One or One S (not sure on the One X) the only Dolby Atmos support is the Headset out jack on the Xbox controller.

- Settings > Display and Sound > Audio Output > (options) Off - Stereo uncompressed - 5.1 uncompressed - 7.1 uncompressed - Bitstream

You'll probably have to stick with Stereo uncompressed as the audio setting on the Xbox.

Based on page 14 of the manual of that sound bar, it only supports 2 channel input and it simulates 5.1 out

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201703/20170320124510111/HW-K850_ZA_161228.pdf

Yes I follow all the steps , actually netflix recognize dolby atmos content but any sound is produced by the soundbar 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I follow all the steps , actually netflix recognize dolby atmos content but any sound is produced by the soundbar 

I'm not sure what you mean by "Yes I follow all the steps".

Have you got audio out from the Xbox and into your sound bar now?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No Xbox recognize my dolby atmos soundbar because i can setup in the audio settings uncompress audio bitstream and also I’m able to select home theater dolby  atmos and then I’m able to open netflix and for example select the tv show content punisher and The opción to select dolby atmos audio is able but nothing happens still no audio

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No Xbox recognize my dolby atmos soundbar because i can setup in the audio settings uncompress audio bitstream and also I’m able to select home theater dolby  atmos and then I’m able to open netflix and for example select the tv show content punisher and The opción to select dolby atmos audio is able but nothing happens still no audio

The Xbox One or One S will not recognize the Dolby Atmos. That feature is for the Headset option on the controller only.

You state - "netflix recognize dolby atmos". 

- Are you using the Netflix app built in to your TV?

Try this, run your HDMI OUT from the Xbox into the TV. And on the Xbox choose Stereo Uncompressed. See if the audio from the Xbox is working into the TV. I'm assuming you're running Out from the TV into your sound bar. After you have that done and the basic stereo sound is working then change the other audio settings one at a time on the Xbox to 5.1 and 7.1 and then Bitstream and see what the TV passes through to your sound bar.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Xbox One or One S will not recognize the Dolby Atmos. That feature is for the Headset option on the controller only.

You state - "netflix recognize dolby atmos". 

- Are you using the Netflix app built in to your TV?

Try this, run your HDMI OUT from the Xbox into the TV. And on the Xbox choose Stereo Uncompressed. See if the audio from the Xbox is working into the TV. I'm assuming you're running Out from the TV into your sound bar. After you have that done and the basic stereo sound is working then change the other audio settings one at a time on the Xbox to 5.1 and 7.1 and then Bitstream and see what the TV passes through to your sound bar.

Hi yes i tried that,  i have audio for 5.1 and 7. 1 but when I choose dolby atmos via home theater actually with my soundbar dolby atmos compatible I received video but no audio .

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi yes i tried that,  i have audio for 5.1 and 7. 1 but when I choose dolby atmos via home theater actually with my soundbar dolby atmos compatible I received video but no audio .

If I understand correctly, the HDMI audio out from the Xbox One and passes through the TV HDMI IN then HDMI OUT from the TV into your HDMI IN on the soundbar.

In reading through the manual for your soundbar the Xbox One may need to be directly connected. I'm not sure if the TV supports a pass-through for Dolby Atmos

On page 24 of the soundbar manual it states - Important: Dolby atmos® is available only in HDmI mode.

I installed the Dolby Atmos app on my Xbox One but I don't have an Atmos device to work with. I put some steps together below and let's try that.

On the HDMI OUT from the Xbox One go to an HDMI IN on the soundbar

Power up the Xbox One and Launch the Dolby Atmos App

1) Launch the Dolby Atmos App
2) Toggle down to "Get started"
3) Choose Dolby Atmos for Home Theater on the right side of the screen
4) Choose Begin Setup
5) Choose Continue
6) Choose "Go to Xbox Settings"
7) Under HDMI Audio choose Bitstream Out
8) Under Bitstream Format choose Dolby Atmos for Home Theater
9) Go back to the Dolby App and complete the setup

According to the soundbar manual, a blue light should appear when it detects Dolby Atmos

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If I understand correctly, the HDMI audio out from the Xbox One and passes through the TV HDMI IN then HDMI OUT from the TV into your HDMI IN on the soundbar.

In reading through the manual for your soundbar the Xbox One may need to be directly connected. I'm not sure if the TV supports a pass-through for Dolby Atmos

On page 24 of the soundbar manual it states - Important: Dolby atmos® is available only in HDmI mode.

I installed the Dolby Atmos app on my Xbox One but I don't have an Atmos device to work with. I put some steps together below and let's try that.

4) Choose Begin Setup
5) Choose Continue

According to the soundbar manual, a blue light should appear when it detects Dolby Atmos

Yes exactly all the steps you mentioned has been executed in detail , but still video no audio 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

4) Choose Begin Setup
5) Choose Continue

Yes exactly all the steps you mentioned has been executed in detail , but still video no audio 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! Sorry, between work and the forums being down I couldn't post this till now.

I found another setting that might help.

Go to Settings > Disc and Blu-ray > Choose Let my receiver decode audio

Try that maybe?!

Other options -

- Hard reset the Xbox by holding down the power button on the front of the Xbox for 15 seconds. After the 15 seconds let go of the power button then restart the Xbox.

- Change the Display Settings - If there are at 4K change it to 1080 and then back to 4k

- Check the Advanced (display) Settings - Change the TV connection from Auto to HDMI and then Back to Auto (maybe uncheck the Allow 50Hz) option

- Go back to the Display and sound settings and choose the HDMI Audio back to Stereo and then Back to Bitstream and then the Bitstream format to Atmos

It seems like the Xbox is trying to output the audio option by the sound bar is not detecting the correct format. And maybe trying to toggle some of these options to try and refresh the connection could help.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated April 11, 2024 Views 5,910 Applies to: