New Skylanders Giants not working

We're having the same problem as everyone else with this game. We've tried all of the recommendations to solve the problem, but the console still can't read the disk. It works on my sister's console, which is an original 360z. We have the 360S. Is this just a problem with the 360S and Skylanders Giants? How do we fix it? My kids are super bummed that they got this for Christmas & it won't work.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

*360, not 360z. Typo. Sorry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello ScrewyRain57,

We'd like some more specific information on what, exactly, you have tried to get your console to read your Skylanders disc.  Have you tried each of the steps in our link for Troubleshooting disc read issues in this forum?

Let us know what you've tried, and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We tried everything in the guide you posted a link to above. We unplugged all USB devices, cleared the cache, cleaned the game, etc but to no avail. All other disks play without any issues. When Skylanders Giants is inserted, the disk drive either does nothing or spins the disks for a few minutes before the dashboard says that the disk cannot be read. We also checked the region, etc of the game and all that checks out ok. My kids were able to use this disk without any issues at my sister's house and their dad's house - both of which have an xbox360, not a 360s. Not sure what to do. Is this a bug that the game makers and/or Microsoft need to address? Since the game works on other older consoles with no problems, I don't think it's a game error in terms of it being damaged. And, since we have no issues playing other games I don't think it's a problem with our disk drive. It seems like there's a big compatibility/read issue btwn Skylanders Giants and the 360s. What are your thoughts? And, what can be done about this? Thanks!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Rain! Can you please try our Xbox Disc Drive Solution to see if anything there helps you out? Please let us know what you find out, thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've followed the steps in that solution guide a few times and it made no difference. All other games play just fine and the Skylanders Giants disk we have works on other people's xbox 360, but not on our 360s. For some reason, our console cannot read this particular disk. Is it a bug in the game? Or a patch that needs to be made by Microsoft or the game makers? Reading through the threads, we're not the only ones who are having this problem. I'd love to see xbox, Microsoft, or Activision find a solution.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there ScrewyRain57,

So just to be clear, there are no USB devices connected to your console at all when trying to play the disc?  You've even removed the Skylander's Portal from the console?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a known issue by Activsion. Please refer to support.activision.com/.../Download-Disc-Replacement-Form3 Unfortunately, this appears to be the best solution.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue tried three diffrent Skylanders Giants discs with the same issue.  When I first loaded it it worked for the first 3 days then disc errors.  Tried all the fixes but none worked.  All other games I have work it's just Skylanders and Like it was mentioned above my kids were super happy to get the game for christmas now they are super mad they can't play it.  are there anyother solutions not listed here or in the "xbox disc drive solution" sections.

by the way all three discs work in other Xbox's

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Angelo.  Man, that doesn't sound very fun. Sorry for any frustration there!  Hmm, you said you'd been through the disc drive troubleshooters, I'm wondering if you've ever tried with the HDD totally removed?  If even that doesn't get it going, your best bet would be trying another copy of the game if possible at all.  It's unlikely that you'd have those issues with three discs in a row, but it certainly is possible.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did try removing the HDD and the little memory and I returned the game for a fourth copy today and still the same thing.  I go to a diffrent xbox no problem just on mine it seems. Other games work fine.

Another thing I noticed is if I start the Xbox with the disk in the drive it wont boot up it stops at the logo but if I take it out no problem. If it wasn't for the kids begging to play it I would have given up on the whole skylander game

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2024 Views 1,292 Applies to: