Netflix signs me out of Xbox Live, been going on for weeks

so it seems a lot of people have the problem where netflix signs them out and says to log in to an account with gold membership or whatever, and they've been able to fix it, unfortunately i haven't

here is a list of the things i've done

-restarted the app (multiple times)

-logged out of the netflix account and signed back in (multiple times)

-deleted the app and redownloaded it (twice)

-logged out of xbox live and signed back in (multiple times)

-reconfigured my network connection AND router (multiple times)

-deleted my profile and redownloaded it (twice)

-tried the "clear system cache" trick (multiple times)

i might have forgotten some things i did, i've been at this for 2-3 weeks, nothing seems to be working

also some side notes

-playing games and using other apps never kicks me off of live

-my gold membership doesn't expire for another 7 months

-my brother has a ps3, and netflix works perfectly fine on it, so it's not our internet connection, we all use the same one

-when my brother uses netflix, it's usually during the day or evening when other people are also using the internet (on laptops, playing xbox games), and when i use netflix, it is late at night when everyone is asleep and i'm the only one awake, so no one is using anything, which means i'm the only one using the internet, so shouldn't it make more sense for it to work better for me?

this is extremely annoying, anyone know what else i can do?

This seems like a Netflix problem, are you using the same account as your brother? I don't think you can use the same account if it has been linked up to PS3 because there are different ways to display video's  ie silverlight and/or flash. It may be defaulting to flash as it knows you mostly view it on PS3 (Unlikey, But Maybe), Xbox uses silverlight. Whatever it is it seems likley to but on Netflix's server side! As far as playing games and using other apps that is a network or membership issue. I hope you get everything up and running!

To use the Netflix app on your Xbox console, your Xbox LIVE gamertag must be associated with a Netflix account. If you want to disconnect your gamertag from its current Netflix account so that you can sign in under a different account, follow the instructions at Netflix Support

You might want to disconnect all gamertags (This includes PS3 and other devices) from your Netflix account then link up that one for your Xbox again that you want to use and try it again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Having the same issues and it's driving me and my family CRAZY! Very disappointed with Microsoft, Xbox360 & Netflix. I just recently purchased a NEW Xbox360 GOLD membership just so we can watch NETFLIX. Every time we "sigh in" LIVE and start to watch a NETFLIX program it signs us out or freezes up on screen. Seems like this is an ONGOING issue on the Xbox360 system according to all the notes or threads that have been written. Seems as if everything I've read from Xbox support is the same old song and dance for most customers. So I have to say this really shouldn't be the customers issue. It should be Xbox, Microsoft & Netflix's problems  to resolve. Please DON'T make your problems mine. All we want to do is watch a service provided by "NETFLIX" without ANY interference. Please help us???

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I know you all have said you've done these steps, but have you done them in this EXACT order?:

Sign out of your Gamer Tag Profile:

1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox controller and Press the Blue X to Sign Out

Delete Profile:

1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox controller

2) Scroll right and go to the Settings tab, and then select System Settings
3) Select Storage
4) Select the device with your profile
5) Select Profiles
6) Select your  Gamer Tag
7) Select Delete
8) Select Delete Profile Only

Clear System Cache:
1) Scroll right and go to the Settings tab, and then select System Settings
2) Select Hard Drive
3) Highlight Hard Drive, and press Y (Device Options)
4) Select Clear System Cache and select Yes

5) Repeat steps 2 thru 4 two more times so that your Cache is cleared 3 times

Turn off your console and start it back up.

Download Profile: 
1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox 360 controller
2) On the Home tab, select Download Profile

Let us know if this resolves your problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2023 Views 1,455 Applies to: