Need help signing into Xbox One at hotel where I live. Hotel has an Internet Portal but I can't......

I can't get to a sign in page that is provided by the hotel which I use to log in using my lab-top, desk-top, Iphone and Ipad, Smart TV and anything else. Even on a PS3, you can go to the browser and the portal page will pop up and give you the opportunity to log-in with the provided pass-code provided by the hotel and then able to access online content with game console. Xbox One on the other hand, first thing it does is try to sign-in when you try the browser, Xbox Video, or any type of online activity that is offered on the new Xbox so now I just don't use it anymore at all. Even let my membership run out.

If anyone knows a fix please let know. I'm going through withdrawals. Need some therapy.

To connect your Xbox One system to the Internet through your wireless network, you will first need to make sure you know your network ID (SSID) and network password.

Press the Menu button on the Xbox One controller

Select Settings

Select Network

On the Network Settings screen, select Set Up Wireless Network

Select the name of your wireless network from the list of available networks

Enter your network password when prompted

Select Test Network Connection on the Network Settings screen to confirm your consoles connection

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Afaik there is no possibility to connect to a WiFi where you need to authenticate on an additional website provided by the portal yet. You have to be connected to XBL before you can use the browser. So unfortunately it's not working. Besides that you would only get poor performance as the One needs some portforwarding which can not be provided by a hotel wifi portal.

Only way get the whole thing working in your case is to use a Hotspot provided by your smartphone. There you can at least log on to XBL to be able to play any games at all.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

ReducedBoot3,

What you will need to do is get a device connected such as a laptop, tablet, or phone. Once that is connected, go into the settings for that device and find its Wireless MAC Address. Once you have found the Wireless MAC Address, on the Xbox One go to Settings > Network. Go to Advanced Settings and select Alternate MAC Address. Enter the Wireless MAC Address of your device in here. After entering this, the network will now see the Xbox One with the MAC Address of your connected device and it will be able to access the internet.

23 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Open internet explorer on the Xbox one. It should go trough the same setup as laptops and phones.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

go to settings>network>disconnect from wireless>sign in with your profile offline>connect to the wireless network>open IE

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That doesn't work. None of this works. I've tried it all? ^

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there PITMAN THOR!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 8,741 Applies to: