My Xbox One X Has an Error Code not on the Support Site + Other Issues

Hi. So I've had an Xbox One X since they came out. I have the Scorpio edition. The console has worked perfectly until recently, when it started having issues. One of these issues is pictured down below, where it gives me an error code I have not seen on the support site anywhere.  It also randomly shuts down, even though the console itself is fairly cool to the touch. It is clean and well ventilated.

When I hit restart, the system acts fine. This system error happens like 1/5 start ups at random. The console is up to date. Any fixes?

If you’re seeing an “E” error code when your Xbox One console restarts after a system update, select the specific code on the link below to troubleshoot this error:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/startup-error-solution

Game ON!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no E201 option for me on that page.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello wallsfalldown!

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused but rest assured we are here to help. We would like to troubleshoot the console itself a bit more in an effort to clear this up we suggest a full reset of the console from the Troubleshoot screen by using these steps :

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.
  2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
  3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
  4. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.
  5. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
  6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

Once the troubleshooting screen comes up select reset console and then select reset and remove everything. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Thanks again for being the best part of our Xbox team!

Felix

Xbox forums support

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Huh, E201 is a new one to me.  The Update Troubleshooter, similar to the startup error solution linked by M3tal Daz3 don't have a E201 option, but starting with the E200 error might be a good start.

Are you on an Xbox Insiders build?  Do you know if the system was performing an update before this happened?

Come join us at Xbox Playdates US every Tuesday and Saturday. https://xboxplaydates.us/twitch

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there wallsfalldown

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for support on this issue you're experiencing from your new console.

I can understand how this could be really confusing/concerning.

I would suggest that if you keep getting this startup issue persistently, you should try first going through the Troubleshoot option and if possible, then try going ahead with the Reset this Xbox option after that. Once that's up, attempt the reset keeping your games and apps.

It would also probably help to get a usb flash drive and try an offline update if either of the resets do not help clear up your error.

When you get the chance, give those steps a shot and let us know how that helps.

Thanks for reading!

(V) (°,,,,°) (V)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not a part the Insiders program, so it was definitely was not an unstable build. I've never had my console system update by itself, so I don't think so.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's really hard to tell if this works as the start up error doesn't show up every time my console starts up. Will continue to see if there's any difference.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Walls,

We recommend to try what Steven has posted the offline update. If you are able to get the troubleshooter up in step 3. You could try a soft factory reset first.

Thanks,

Brad

Stay safe have fun. GAME HARD just not too hard :) ಠ益ಠ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So I received a very similar issue with my day one x round about the time the Crew 2 beta was running. 

E201......

I performed a reset as per instructed here, but it failed to complete, but the very helpful guys at support (A big up to Victor, you know who you are great support guys at ms) had me perform offline reset via usb. This worked to get it to start, but then it failed again, almost immediately  Thankfully it was still under warranty, so I just ended up returning to shop for a replacement. 

Sorry you are having issues,  but hopefully support will help you figure it out. 

In my case, it turned out to be a hard disk fault

If I helped you out, feel free to gimme an upvote.
If I didn't, sorry, but at least I'm trying 😀

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have currently factory reset the console twice. The first time it prompted no updates or anything. The second time I did the reset to test, it prompted me to download the language pack for English (Canada) despite already using it. I'm not sure if this effects anything.

It is hard to say if my issue is fixed since this error code doesn't show up every single time my console turns on. Same with the random shutdowns.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 20, 2024 Views 2,550 Applies to: