My Minecraft username was changed when I logged in today. I didn't change it so please help.

My Minecraft username was changed when I logged in today. I didn't change it so something happened and I had nothing to do with it. Please help me recover my old ign. It says I need to wait 30 days to get a new one or to change it and I am not waiting for a mistake that I didn't make. Does anyone know what I can do?

Hello Lawrence_246,

I hope you are doing well other than this account issue. There are two official articles that you may not have seen yet that help most people resolve similar issues:

If you have already tried the steps listed in those articles, your best approach is to reach out directly to Mojang to get this fixed so you can go back to gaming. Here is the link to do that: Submit a request – Home (minecraft.net)

Respectfully,

Kathy A.

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

A friendly reminder to always secure your Microsoft account by adding secondary email, mobile #, use authenticator app & generate recovery code - https://account.live.com/proofs/manage/additional

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Kathy A.

Microsoft Moderator

A friendly reminder to always secure your Microsoft account by adding secondary email, mobile #, use authenticator app & generate recovery code - https://account.live.com/proofs/manage/additional

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 235 Applies to: