Minecraft - XBOX ONE - "Unable to connect to world"

Howdy all,

I have been trying to play Minecraft Windows 10 edition on xbox one with my friend. Earlier in the year I could join them no trouble. Now, when I try to join their world, i'm met with the message "Unable to connect to world". However they are able to join my worlds, and I am able to join other friends worlds.

We're both playing on xbox ones, windows 10 edition. We both have reinstalled minecraft. Neither of us are on the beta version. Both have open NAT types. I have power cycled my xbox. I have turned off "instant on". I have turned my router off and on.

I am very desperate for help we've been wanting to play on their world for days with no luck. If anyone could get back to me and fix this i'd be thankful to no end.

Hi ColtSta,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums. I'm a little confused when you say that you are playing Minecraft Windows 10 edition on an Xbox One because that wouldn't be possible. Minecraft Windows 10 edition can only be played on a Windows 10 PC. On Xbox, the title is just listed as Minecraft with all of the updates, or you can still play Minecraft Xbox One edition if you own the disc.

Either way, I don't see that you have tried a soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
  3. Select Reset console

Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your network during the reset.

Best Wishes,
Diego
Xbox Forums Support

(๑ˆ◡ˆ๑)ノ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 14, 2022 Views 167 Applies to: