Minecraft Xbox One Edition free upgrade?

I contacted Xbox Support a couple weeks ago about this issue and was told to go to the Mojang website and ask them for help. They told me to contact Xbox Support, so I am going to try here on the community forum instead.

My issue is that I recently picked up a copy of Minecraft XOE on disc and started playing it.

When I get into the main menu of the game after installing and updating I am told it is no longer being supported and that I should start using the new version called Minecraft. The menu also has a big button that says Download the latest version of Minecraft for FREE! I also get a popup when starting or continuing a game world that also tells me to accept my free upgrade. I took screenshots of the two menu options because the last time I talked to someone at Xbox Support they didn't know what I was talking about.

Now my problem is that when I click either button to redeem my free upgrade, I am taken to the Microsoft Store page for the current version of Minecraft but I can't find any option for upgrading or redeem a new version. It still just has the normal buy now button and shows the regular price for the game. Am I doing something wrong?
Answer
Answer
Yes, that WAS an option, but that offer was discontinued some time ago. Unfortunately, you're not doing anything wrong other than trying to take advantage of a now-expired offer.

319 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 23, 2024 Views 14,979 Applies to: