Minecraft Windows 10 Sound problem

I recently redeemed the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft, but I can't play it due to a really awful audio bug -- upon launching the game I hear a loud white noise / static buzz through my headset (Razer Kraken headset - the driver is managed by Razer's Surround software -- which is fully up to date). It's almost deafening.When i get in game its a wierd sound no matter what i do.(almost like chains or keys are like in a bag??? if that makes any sense)

Ive reinstalled the game and tried to disable 7.1 on my headset but it doesnt fix the problem.I have been playing with the sound disabled in game the past day but its kinda difficult.

I far exceed the requirements for Minecraft, Windows 10 and all my software is up to date, Minecraft: Windows 10 is the ONLY application where I've encountered the issue.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

(also i dont know if there is a way for me to post a little clip of what the sound is like let me know if that will help)

Hi Strafyy,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. If it is the only game having the issue, it is most likely a corrupt install. We recommend trying to uninstall and reinstall the game. You can also check out the Minecraft forums to see if anyone else is having this issue. Have not seen any other posts on this here on the Xbox forums.

Also make sure your graphics and sound cards are up to date.

Thanks,

Brad

Stay safe have fun. GAME HARD just not too hard :) ಠ益ಠ

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

l already reinstalled the game and have been searching for a fix for 4 hours.No one is having this issue.Most people have no sound at all.I get sound but its nothing like what minecraft should sound like.Also can i somehow put this exact post on the Minecraft forums or do i just make a new one?

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Strafyy,

Thanks for the update. You would need to create a new one. You could copy the link and reference it on the Minecraft forums though. This is definitely a weird issue. All I have ben able to find also are issues with no sound. Hopefully there will be more on the Minecraft forums for you. As it is the only game doing this, there is something within the game itself causing this.

Thanks,

Brad

Stay safe have fun. GAME HARD just not too hard :) ಠ益ಠ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You think it may be my headphones?Shuld i go and buy like a cheap pair of headphones to try? Eaven tho they work on every other game.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 30, 2023 Views 5,415 Applies to: