Minecraft said I have an "outdated sever" when I tried to connect to my friend. Never happened before?????

Minecraft said I have an "outdated sever" when I tried to connect to my friend.  Never happened before????? 

Hey Breadman

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are unable to connect to a friends' world, without receiving an "outdated server" error message.

This message occurs when one or more players that are attempting to connect to a world, are currently running a version of Minecraft that is out-of-date.

In other words, its likely that whatever platform either you or your buddy are using potentially need to be updated in order to effectively connect to this world.

There is a possibility that you may be both running your game while I is up-to-date, however, one of you may be running a Beta version of the game.

Keep in mind that Beta versions cannot play with stable versions, and vice versa. If a player is using the beta and others are not, they will need to unenroll from the beta, uninstall, and reinstall, or everyone can update to the beta.

If you can confirm this info, we might be able to assist further on this matter.

XBF Eladio M
Microsoft Agent
Xbox Forums Moderator
"Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared. – Eddie Rickenbacker." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

There was an update released yesterday. If the world you are trying to connect to is a realm then the owner of the realm needs to have their game updated and then needs to log in on the realm to have it updated. 

General public release of the game is 1.13. Anything higher is still the beta version. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 14, 2024 Views 675 Applies to: