Minecraft Raytracing Xbox Series X|S 2021

Hello, Everyone. 

I have recently in the last two months purchase an Xbox Series X. I see that the curent version of Minecraft is running on the “Render Dragon” egine. This egine has elimunated the capibilities of any 3rd party shader packs. Very frustrating. This update also revealed a Raytracing option in the Minecraft settings. I have loaded in many Raytracing worlds and texture packs. None work or allow me to switch the option of Raytracing on. Honestly I am very dissapointed in Microsoft for limiting all these features. I know a new update is amoung us to enable Raytracing on the xbox series X|S but whats taking so long? Minecraft Windows 10 edition with raytracing has support for AMD RX 6000 series cards. (Which is the GPU in the xbox series x) and of course supports the RTX 2000 and 3000 series. Knowing that the xbox series x is running on the AMD GPUs, whats the hold up? Why the delay? I want this post to blow up so Microsoft can finaly see what we want and have been waiting for. I am tierd of the delays and dont want to wait till this summer to maybe get this simple update. 

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I’ve been waiting ages for the ray tracing updaye, however the rtx on windows 10 edition doesn’t work on any console so microsoft have been developing their own type of ray tracing called DXR and i assume theyve been fixing bugs and trying to get it out of beta, unfortunately i believe it wont come out until summer, as much as i hope otherwise.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

They also did a demo before the series x  was launched, I really want the raytracing, since we don't have shaderes 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Because with the pandemic, things are not normal. Just as FlightSim was suppoosed to be out in November originally. 

It will be released when it’s stable. The Xbox has its own custom implementations on both the hardware and software level. Its obviously coming soon otherwise the options wouldnt be in there, but they dont want people to go from complaining about non availability to complaining about crashing

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I completely 100% agree! What is the hold up Microsoft? Dont give me its the plandemics fault. This shoupd be done by now!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Rtx in minecraft is fun

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Disappointing to see that xbox series s and x are being left out of rtx minecraft not giving us next gen gaming

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I rather have crashing than non availability at least microsoft would make it seem like they listening by adding it now and not latter but guess thats just me! But nice excuse about the covid thing I so fed up with developers and customer services relying on that as a stupid crutch! Get over it and move on with these updates already!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I rather have crashing than non availability at least microsoft would make it seem like they listening by adding it now and not latter but guess thats just me! But nice excuse about the covid thing I so fed up with developers and customer services relying on that as a stupid crutch! Get over it and move on with these updates already!

Not entirely sure how they are supposed to get over it? Should they just one day say "Okay people....everything that has been delayed because of the restrictions shall suddenly and magically be sorted out"?

Yes, things are returning to normal but it will take some time for recovery...everything that was delayed is still delayed until they work through the backlog.

As for enabling RTX, pretty sure that would be on the game developer to code it to run on the system which would be Mojang.

As to wanting something that crashes rather than being patient, personally I'd rather wait for something that works than have something that doesn't work sooner...after all, how much enjoyment can you get from something if it crashes every 5 minutes or something?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Really? you'd rather have Minecraft randomly crash out or hang than wait until they get the game bug free?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Eh, it’s probably going to get cancelled for Xbox just like the super duper graphics update. I’m not holding my breath. Mojang has proven they’re inept and don’t have the ability to deliver.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 25, 2023 Views 595 Applies to: