MIcrosoft Store and Xbox app Error Code 0x87E00017

I have repeatedly searched for this error and found nothing. Calls to microsoft and messages to the support have lead me no where. This is absolutely ridiculous. You should know what error codes you program into your own software. I cannot install any games I received from Game Pass. All previous forums about this error have lead me to nothing. None of the solves offered worked. I continue to receive the same error no matter what I do. I updated my windows, changed the permissions. I reinstalled windows. Absolutely nothing helped. I now cannot even call microsoft, as for some reason the option is not available on their support site. This is going to be my last attempt to fix this before I take my business literally anywhere else. This has been going on for over a week and I still cannot install these games.

I have the same issue - change your DNS resolvers to something like Google's (8.8.8.8) or quad-1s. That should solve it.

@Microsoft, currently using Cisco Umbrella here, changed over to Google's public DNS and it's working, but I'm seeing the same issue. We need to get logs here so we can see what the issue is and find the issue. Can confirm that I'm resolving all queries properly on my end, and we need to see where the Xbox app is failing.  

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I opened a ticket with Cisco Umbrella to get this resolved (I'm an employee).  As a workaround, you can fix this yourself if you add xvcf1.xboxlive.com to your Umbrella Global Allow List.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sweet, just deployed out, waiting for the policy change to finish deploying and will test. How'd you figure it out? I hadn't seen any blocks come through on my Global Block list, and hadn't seen any content blocks or security blocks in the regular dashboard so this was really throwing me for a loop.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Update - yep, it worked. Wow, strange. Specifically putting it on the Global Allow list allowed for the lookup and AOE3 DE is downloading successfully. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Search your Umbrella activity for proxied connections - you should see it in there.  The proxy process breaks it for some reason.  I expect it will be fixed for everyone using Umbrella in a business day or two, but please don't quote me on that.

Also, make sure that you flush DNS on the machine that you use to test it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Any site that you put on your allow list will not go through the proxy process.  It wasn't that it was being blocked, it was that the intelligent proxy process was breaking it for some reason.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue with error 0x87E00017, any game i download in the xbox gamepass app is finished to 100% but than i get the error 0x87E00017.

I tried to change to google dns but that dident solve it. I did not understand the umberella global allow list part, what is that? do i have to download that program or can i just add this adress " xvcf1.xboxlive.com" somewhere in windows?

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2023 Views 6,093 Applies to: