Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Content Manager

I downloaded FS 2020 from the Microsoft Shop and installed on an empty SSD drive H. In settings /apps/move it clearly shows installed in drive H. However in Content Manager it is inviting me to install on drive C (Users\appdata\local\packages etc. but shows 232g available ie the free space on drive H - only 90g free on C. I notice there are already files in drive C on the path above. Should I continue in Content Manager with the drive C path or redirect to another folder on H in which case what folder?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same issue. I have little space in C and I want to install it in a different drive. However, after changing the path, the content manager refreshes and goes back to the blue loading line and that's it. Stuck during installation.

Please help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I used the prompt to create a folder called "Flight Simulator Content" on the same drive as my install, my install is from Windows Store (game pass PC) and it's not on the C: for the same reason as you.

Can't believe it's 2020 and they are still defaulting to C: instead of the same drive as the install...

It took a long time to download and decompress the 91.36GiB, which appears to include aircraft, airports, bushtrips, flights, tutorials, landing challenges, cockpits, materials, soundbanks, etc.

There is also an empty folder for "Community" which I assume is there for adding custom content.

Still waiting for it to wrap up so I can try this game out!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same issue, i tried to follow the steps but im dumb asf haha, anyway you tell me how to do it more detailed? as stupid as that sounds mate! thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same issue, i tried to follow the steps but im dumb asf haha, anyway you tell me how to do it more detailed? as stupid as that sounds mate! thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Found a fix - in the LocalCache > Packages > Official> OneStore folder, just deleted a handful of the files at the bottom. Launched and download continued.  

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I entered H as the location, and was prompted to create a new directory which I created and entered as the location.

Downloaded/installed fine until at around 65gb it froze! I could start the programme but there was no scenery etc. I then uninstalled Flight Simulator and reinstalled without deleting anything further. It then went to the content screen.

It actually started the download where it had left off, installed everything and the programme loaded OK.

Microsoft badly need to create a manual of how to install and use the programme. In the end with my internet speed around 30mb it took all day to install!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

All you should have to do is go Windows Add or Remove Programs.  Go to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and click on it.  You should have a Move and an Uninstall button.  Click on Move and select the drive.  Wait for the progress bar to finish and you should be all set.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I used the prompt to create a folder called "Flight Simulator Content" on the same drive as my install, my install is from Windows Store (game pass PC) and it's not on the C: for the same reason as you.

Can't believe it's 2020 and they are still defaulting to C: instead of the same drive as the install...

It took a long time to download and decompress the 91.36GiB, which appears to include aircraft, airports, bushtrips, flights, tutorials, landing challenges, cockpits, materials, soundbanks, etc.

There is also an empty folder for "Community" which I assume is there for adding custom content.

Still waiting for it to wrap up so I can try this game out!

Whats the folder name? I'm trying to download some liveries and can't find the folder to do so.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Content Manager is, to be frank, quite dysfunctional. Apparently you cannot do something as simple as disable a addon. The only option is to delete and this will physically delete the files from your system, meaning if you want to enable it again you have to download all the files again. This is such a bad design that I'm finding it difficult to be charitable and can only call it an utter mess.

DON'T delete content files from your users system. Disable the addon and leave the files intact. How can any other implementation choice than that even go through the mind of a developer?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

my move button is grayed out for some reason.  So, it cant be moved!
if the women dont find you handsom, they should at least find you handy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 3, 2023 Views 36,087 Applies to: