Game Release Known Issues for May 2024

Hello gamers!

As always, we continue to prepare for the build-up of games launching over the next few months. We understand that, at times, things can go wrong, and we want you to know that we're working to resolve frustrating experiences reported to us by the members of our Xbox community. Keep an eye on this list for updates to existing issues, along with any new problems that may come up as new games are released.

Additionally, please make sure to check out Xbox Support for a wealth of information that may assist you in resolving your issue.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II

• Known Issues

• LowLevelFatalError on PC

• Some users are encountering a LowLevelFatalError message on PC that can result in a crash or inability to launch the game. If you are experiencing this issue, we recommend following the troubleshooting steps below.

• Note that these changes are, to the best of our knowledge, completely safe, but you are solely responsible for any damages or loss caused by changing these settings from their factory defaults.

• Modify BIOS Settings

• In the BIOS settings, we recommend that you turn off all overclocking and that you do not use “AI” or “automatic” overclocking. Every BIOS has slightly different names for these settings, so we recommend researching the settings in the BIOS for your computer before attempting. Some of these settings may be in the Advanced or Overclocking submenu of the BIOS.

• Use Intel XTU

• For Intel CPU customers, we recommend using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility tool, or XTU, and lower the Performance Core multiplier from x55 to x54 or x53. Using XTU does not require rebooting to try different settings, but you might need to reapply it after every start if you don’t save the profile.

• For more information about this issue, we recommend reading this official article by Rad Game Tools, owned by Epic Games, that has additional troubleshooting recommendations.

• If the above troubleshooting steps did not work, we recommend that you contact us via the Hellblade Help Center.

• Unable to Stream Game on Console

• As of May 24th, this issue is now RESOLVED.

• Some users may experience an error when attempting to stream Senua's Saga: Hellblade II on their console. We recommend closing and quitting out of the game, restarting the console, and trying again. If the issue persists, use the Report a Problem app and/or contact us via the Hellblade Help Center.

• For instructions on how to use the Report a Problem app, follow the steps below:

• Install the Report a Problem app onto your console if you do not have it already.

• After you see or experience an issue in-game, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller

• Select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app.

• Select Report new problem, and then fill out the categories with the applicable information.

• If you have a screenshot or game clip that helps show your issue, ensure that Include screenshot and/or Include game clip is selected.

• After you have finished filling out the report, select Submit.

• For more information about this application, visit our Report a Problem article.

• Environmental and Atmospheric Graphical Issues Outside of Game Mode

• Some players may experience environmental or atmospheric graphical issues such as oversaturated colors, obscuration of fog, blending or blurring of clouds, and other environmental issues if their TV or monitor is not in Game Mode. To mitigate this issue, we recommend enabling Game Mode (or its equivalent) on your TV or monitor and ensuring that post-processing effects are disabled. The Game Mode settings may vary by model but can likely be found in the TV or monitor Display or Picture settings.

• Dark Areas in Cloud Gaming

• While playing the game on Cloud, certain areas may appear excessively dark and fail to automatically adjust brightness. To address this, players should access the game settings and manually adjust gamma levels for improved visibility.

• Looking for more information?

• If you are experiencing an issue not listed here, visit our Hellblade Help Center and/or review our FAQs below.

• General FAQ

• When will the game be released?

• Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II will be released on May 21st, 2024, at 08:00 UTC, or 1:00AM PST.

• What platforms will Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II be released on?

• Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II will be available on Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, Xbox Game Pass, and Steam. It will also be available to play on Xbox Cloud Gaming for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers on all supported devices.

• Where can I buy Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II?

• You can purchase Senua's Saga: Hellblade II by selecting your preferred endpoint below:

• Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II will also be available to play on Xbox Game Pass with an active subscription.

• What is this game about?

• In this sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

• Do I need to play the first game before I play this one?

• You do not have to play or complete the first game before playing Senua's Saga: Hellblade II, but it is highly recommended.

• You can view a cinematic recap of the first game any time by launching Senua's Saga: Hellblade II and going to Main Menu > Extras > Hellblade – The story so far…

• You can purchase the original game, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, below. It is also available on Xbox Game Pass with an active subscription.

• Is this game an Xbox Play Anywhere digital title?

• Yes, it is. When you purchase an Xbox Play Anywhere digital title it is yours to play on both Xbox and Windows 10/11 PC at no additional cost. If you buy the game on Steam, it will only be accessible through Steam and not on any other platform.

• Is there cross-save progression?

• Yes, your data will transfer successfully between the Xbox and Microsoft Store versions of Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II. Steam data will not transfer over to other endpoints.

• Where can I go to learn more about psychosis and mental health?

• If you are experiencing an issue not listed here, or have any other support needs, visit our Hellblade Help Center.

• In-Game FAQ

• I can’t tell what button I’m supposed to press during a combat or storyline scene

• Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II is a unique game in that it does not have any user interface, or UI. This means that button prompts during combat or within the storyline that you are used to seeing in other games, as well as maps of the levels, directional icons, or health bars, will not be available.

• You can view your button mapping any time from the Pause menu. You can also create your own button mapping by going to Settings > Controls.

• If you would like to change the type of input for button mash sequences and offensive or defensive actions and cinematics, you can go to Settings > Gameplay > Accessibility.

• Can I adjust the combat if I find it too easy or too difficult?

• Yes, you can adjust the combat difficulty at any time going to Settings > Gameplay > Difficulty.

• Can I go back and replay chapters after I’ve beaten them?

• Yes, after you finish a level or chapter you may replay it at any time by going to Main Menu > Chapters.

• Can I have multiple save files?

• No, you may only have one open save file at a time. You may create a new game save file at any time by going to Main Menu > New Story.

• Will I lose the ability to select chapters if I start a new game file?

• No, if you start a New Story you will still have the ability to select and replay any chapter that you have completed previously.

• How can I tell if I’ve found all the secrets in a chapter?

• You can see your progress in locating the lorestangir, also known as lorestones, and faces in Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II at any time by going to Main Menu > Chapters. When you select a Chapter, you will see the total number of lorestones and faces available in that Chapter and how many you have located so far.

• Will I lose all my progress in finding the secrets if I start a New Story?

• No, the game records all the lorestones and faces that you find - even if you create a New Story.

• Technical FAQ

• What are the minimum and recommended PC specs I need to play?

• The minimum PC specs are:

• CPU – Ryzen 5 2600 | i5-8400

• GPU – Nvidia GTX 1070 | AMD RX 5700 | Intel Arc A580

• VRAM – 6GB minimum

• System Memory - 16GB

• System Storage – ~70GB of SSD space

• The recommended PC specs are:

• CPU – Ryzen 5 3600X | i5-10600K

• GPU – Nvidia RTX 3070 | AMD RX 6800

• VRAM – 8GB

• System Memory – 16GB

• System Storage - ~70GB of SSD space

• How can I report a bug, crash, or other issue?

• If you experience any in-game issue such as a bug, a freeze, or a crash, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• On Xbox app for Windows:

• Go to Profile > Support > Give Feedback > Report a problem.

• On Console:

• Install the Report a Problem app onto your console if you do not have it already.

• Then, after you see or experience an issue in-game, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller, and then select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app. Select Report new problem, and then fill out the categories with the applicable information.

• If you have a screenshot or game clip that helps show your issue, ensure that Include screenshot or Include game clip is selected.

• After you have finished filling out the report, select Submit.

• For more information about this application, visit our Report a Problem article.

• If you are having a platform-level issue when playing the game (issues with purchasing or refunds, trouble launching the game, not seeing it in your library, etc.), contact the appropriate platform support:

• What audio modes are available for this game?

• There are three audio modes available for Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II – HeadphonesStereo and Mono.

• To experience the full immersion of this game, we recommend playing Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II with headphones that have surround sound capability, and with the Headphones audio mode selected.

• You can change your Output Device or Audio Mode at any time by going to Settings > Audio.

• What inputs can I use to play this game?

• Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II supports the use of controllers as well as keyboard and mouse and will automatically detect which input you are using while playing the game.

Roblox

• Known Issues

• I am unable to play and/or download the game

• We’re aware of an issue where players on Arm devices are unable to download and play Roblox via the Microsoft Store on Windows. Players on Arm devices can play Roblox by downloading the title directly from www.Roblox.com.

Club Hub

• Console

• I'm getting a "Something went wrong" error when trying to access the Club Hub or achievements for a game

• Users in some regions may encounter errors when attempting to use the Club Hub or achievements for games. We appreciate your patience while we continue to investigate this issue.

All Games 

• How do I keep my console updated?

• We highly recommend that you always have the most up-to-date version of software installed onto your Xbox. The best way to do this is to enroll your console into automatic updates. To make sure your console is set to update automatically:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings System Updates.

3. Under Updates, select Keep my console up to date to update your console automatically and Keep my games & apps up to date to update games and apps automatically.

• You can also get an update at any time by following these steps:

1. Make sure that your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & systemSettings > System > Updates.

3. Under Updates, you’ll see:

• Console update available. Select this to begin your update, or

• No console update available. This means your console is up to date.

• To learn more about Xbox console updates, go here.

• To see the history of Xbox updates and what each update includes, go here.

• If you would like to keep your console updated but do not have an Internet connection available, check out our article on performing an offline system update.

• When will I be billed for my pre-order?

• If you used account credit to pre-order your game, your balance will be taken immediately. If you used a credit card or split your payment between credit card and account balance, you’ll only be charged around 10 days before the game launches.

• If your account balance is lower than the amount you authorized for pre-order billing, the remainder will be taken from your credit card. You’ll receive an email to your billing account confirming that the remaining card payment was collected successfully, and the game will be available for you to play on the day it launches.

• You can find out more about pre-orders here: Pre-order Xbox digital games in the Microsoft Store | Xbox Support

• My pre-order isn't showing up, wasn't completed, or was cancelled

• My console did something unexpected while I was playing or launching a game

• If you experience unexpected console behavior such as a freeze, a crash to the Xbox home screen, or your console powering off when trying to play or launch a game, or any other issue - please report the issue when your console resumes again through the Report a Problem app. If you do not already have the Report a Problem app installed to your console, please download it from the Microsoft Store. For instructions on how to report a new problem or questions about the Report a Problem application, please read the following support article: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem

All Other Games 

If you have questions about how to find support for all other games, refer to our forum article here

Additional Resources

• This page is also available in multiple languages:

المشكلات المعروفة

已知问题

已知問題

Známé potíže

Kendte problemer

Bekende problemen

Tunnetut ongelmat

Problèmes connus

Bekannte Probleme

Γνωστά προβλήματα

בעיות ידועות

Ismert problémák

Problemi noti

既知の問題点

알려진 문제

Kjente problemer

Znane problemy

Problemas conhecidos

Известные проблемы

Problemas conocidos

Kända problem

ปัญหาที่ทราบ

Bilinen Sorunlar

Please visit our article for the complete list of supported languages and links to the localized Forums.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated May 24, 2024 Views 6,761,896 Applies to: