It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account - or why Microsoft is the hardest company to give money to.

This morning, I went to download the trial version of a new Paradox game called Surviving the Aftermath (with every intention of buying it if I liked it). Unfortunately, every single time I tried to actually install it I was hit with the, "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account." notification. So, I'd go check the devices - and every single time it said my Windows wasn't up to date. So for the next 30 minutes I ran through all of the optional Windows Updates until finally I just decided that if Microsoft is going to make it this difficult to give it money then I'll just go to one of its competitors. 

The number of times I've had very simple issues like this cause an hour or more of headaches is just too many. Why is it that out of every single app store on the market the only one I ever have problems with is the Windows Store? Do you guys seriously just not want people's money or do you actually think people want to pilfer through their devices and spend oodles of time updating them just to try out a video game?

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I'm a PC gamer like you and I'm sorry to tell you, you're going to need to request a refund. The version of Surviving the Aftermath you've bought is for the Xbox One. Microsoft does not sell this game for PC on the Store.

You need to buy it from the Epic Store on PC.

For future reference with the Windows Store. If a game is for PC, it will look like this:

If it's only available on Xbox, it will look like this:

Just so you don't make the same mistake again. Just because a game is on Windows doesn't mean it's available in the Windows Store, 99% of Windows games aren't.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Sorry to hear it.  Can you please try the steps listed at this link https://support.microsoft.com/help/4098900/windows-10-trouble-pushing-an-app-or-game-to-a-device
Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear it.  Can you please try the steps listed at this link https://support.microsoft.com/help/4098900/windows-10-trouble-pushing-an-app-or-game-to-a-device

Hi,

I'm just quoting you to prevent any confusion. But the OP has definitely purchased the wrong version. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 99 Applies to: