Instant Sign-In not working

For the last few months my Xbox One's instant sign-in works roughly 30% of the time. I'm mainly using my Xbox for a media center and rarely use a controller to turn it on, instead I use a Logitech Harmony remote. When I turn it on it give a notification at the bottom telling me 'sorry could not sign you in'  and to 'trying signing in using a controller'.  I can use the remote and select my account and it signs in fine. I have tried to turn off Instant Sign-In and turning it back on with no luck. I need Instant Sign-In to work as the rest of my family uses the xbox and it's set to start by opening One Guide and it won't show our Favorite Channels unless the account is signed in. Any ideas on how to get this working again? 

First try doing a hard reset on the console.  Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.  Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.   Once it is back up and operational test for results.  Let us know.  Good Luck!

Happy Gaming!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Genesis is right another option is that the console is set to Energy-Savings Settings - Power & Start up - Power Mode & Startup - Power Mode.

Regards -Justin.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@Genesis1953 I have tried that a few times with the same results

@PurpleNurpe I double checked the power setting and it's set to Instant-On

The worst part is it doesn't happen all the time. Could it be something with the Kinect? It seems to happen more when I may not be visible by it. There has also been times that it wouldn't sign me in, but if I just continue to watch TV I'll get another notification indicating that I just signed in.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I Don't recall anyone having a issue with the instant on feature and it resulted in a Kinect and a sign in issue. Try Removing the Profile from the console then hard reset / power cycle the console (Steps are in Genesis post earlier)  as soon as the console is back on download the profile and then try the instant on feature.

Regards -Justin.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2024 Views 775 Applies to: