If you delete a family member from a family does it do anything?

If you delete a account from a family group does it delete the account, or delete the game pass or anything from the account?

Hi there Luke, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. Removing a member from a Microsoft family group does not completely delete the account or any related data. What will happen is that the account will simply no longer be subject to the parental controls that were previously assigned while it was part of the family group. You can find more information on this topic at the following link: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/leave-family-group-or-remove-members-6d806bbb-eb38-a978-10f4-3bbb814ffcc4 I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know. Kind regards, Gerardo.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I almost removed myself from my family as I should not be in it and I can remove myself, but it said that if I remove myself it would delete any access to Xbox services and the Xbox, is there another way you can get rid of child accounts like changing your age or something, and if you can change your age, how?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again, Luke.

I just replicated the same situation myself by creating a minor account and adding it to a family. It's true that the warning message mentions that you will lose access to Xbox services, among other things. However, this message may "exaggerate" the situation a bit. Let me explain why.

If you are an adult, please verify that your Microsoft account's date of birth is correctly configured using the following link:

https://account.microsoft.com/profile

If your date of birth is incorrect, you can modify it from that same place.

In this situation, assuming that you are an adult, leaving the family group will not affect you in any way. You will continue to be able to play games and have access to Xbox services without any issues, despite the message indicating otherwise (I confirmed this myself).

On the other hand, if you are underage and your date of birth is correctly set, it's necessary to be in a family group where there is a parent or adult. If you leave the family, you will have parental restrictions and limitations when trying to play games with higher age ratings, for example. However, you will still be able to play games with lower age ratings and suitable for all audiences. Keep in mind that if this is your case, you can always rejoin another family group to have your parental restrictions managed. Please note that there is no way to bypass these restrictions if you are a minor, you must always have an adult linked to your account through a family group.

In short words, if you are an adult and your date of birth is correctly configured on the website I mentioned, leaving the family group will not affect you in any way, so don't worry.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Gerardo.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 29, 2024 Views 3,480 Applies to: