I want uninstall my "Controller Update" on Xbox One S Controller

Well, I bought my controller 4 days ago to use in my Windows 10 PC and in my Moto G 2014 (Android device, is running on Android 6.0) The problem came when I try to connect my xbox one controller to the cellphone after "Update" my controller via PC (Before that I used it without problems) . On my cellphone, I can see the Xbox Controller in the bluetooth devices list but when I click on it to make the connection I always get an error message saying "Could not pair with Xbox Wireless Controller because of an incorrect PIN or passkey". I search on Internet how to fix that and I realized that the problem was the firmware update. So, I want to know how to outdate the product. If you do not have it, I ask you to make a new update, to solve this problem, please! I think it would not be so hard to do it...

Hey there TTxnology,

There wouldn't be a way to revert back to an older version of the controller Firmware. The controller's Bluetooth connection was designed for Windows 10 PC's and Other Windows 10 based devices like Surface tablets and Laptops as well as Oculus VR. It was not designed for mobile devices so that's likely why it's not working.

If you'd like to see Official support for mobile devices such as Android or iOS, we'd welcome your feedback though the Xbox Feedback website HERE.

Mister Mascot

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky HERE for the best info.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It was not designed for mobile devices so that's likely why it's not working.

Oh, please, with all my respect that's not right ... There are generic brands that work on both the PC and the Smartphone, so it does not make the slightest sense.

It does not make any sense this answer, being that before the "update" I played perfectly in my cell phone. It is not difficult to reverse this "block" that you have put. I researched for days just to buy a joystick that suited my Windows 10 Pro and my Android.

May seem like little, but it's not really, I feel betrayed by spending my money (which here in Brazil is not cheap) on something that stabs me in the back like what happened here.

I may seem to be trying to gain some kind of emotional support, but no, it's just kind of not fair. I only request a hotfix since there is no way to return the update. :)

If you'd like to see Official support for mobile devices such as Android or iOS, we'd welcome your feedback though the Xbox Feedback website HERE.

Already exist an "Idea" with that problem, if you don't notice, is here: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/18991090-bluetooth-support-to-androi... :D

So I hope you fix that soon, It's hard to believe that it happened, but I also believe that Microsoft has the ability to fix this simple problem that upset so many people.

André Ferreira, A.K.A TTxnology

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 28, 2022 Views 2,421 Applies to: