I need help with Error Code 0x8007029c

I was going back onto Minecraft (which is the disc copy of it) and then when I open the app, it just pops up “Give it another try. If this happens again, visit xbox.com/errorhelp and enter the following code: 0x8007029c”. And then I try to search the error code up but its not on the website. I don’t know if my game has been corrupted or anything but I just wanted to play some good o’ Minecraft. Anyone out there know how to fix this?

~Danny H

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We'd be happy to help.

The main thing we need to know in order to properly assist is what version of Minecraft you play and on what device? Is this the Xbox One edition, or Windows 10 edition?

If it's for the Xbox One, go ahead and do a hard restart and power cycle. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

Best Wishes,
Diego
Xbox Forums Support

(๑ˆ◡ˆ๑)ノ

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

try resetting your console. that usually solves most problems like these.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We are having the same problem with the same error code. The game has been crashing for about a week now and today is the first day we got an error code. We tried the hard reset, per instructions above and that did not solve our problem.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok so this is half a shot in the dark here, and given you mention a disc and the error message containg an xbox website reference, I am assuming you are playing on Xbox One, please correct me there if I am assuming wrongly.

I have had a read around and found very little on this error code.. One  reference I have found that seemed to be a solve in that persons case was to clear the persistent storage on the Blu Ray Drive.

You can do this via the steps below

Xbox One will automatically download and store content relating to your Blu-ray discs (extra features for your movies ..etc). 
To clear this storage cache, follow the below procedure:
  • Press the Xbox button  the controller.
  • Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-Ray. (RB over all the way to the right
  • In the BLU-RAY section select "Persistent Storage".
  • Select "Clear persistent storage".

If you can then hard reset & power cycle your console after this

Physically power cycle the console

1.Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Turn off the mains power to your console power brick also for around 10 seconds, then turn back on

3.Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button  on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller. 

Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important If your console is in Instant-On power mode, the above steps will shut the console completely off. Instant-On mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.

The only other reference I have found to this error code up to now,  led onto the person full factory resetting their console, which would mean you redownloading your Microsoft Account to the console and fully reinstalling your games dlcs and apps... its a  very destructive solve if i am honest..so this full factory reset is a last resort option.

If you can try my first suggestion on clearing Persistant storage and let me know how you get on there firstly...

Good luck!!

Ennileah
Xbox Legacy Ambassador
Xbox Insider - Alpha Skip Ahead Tier
Cryptic Studios Content Creator Partner - Neverwinter
Co- Founder at Neverwinter for NOOBS

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this same issue but i do not own a disc copy i own a digital copy of minecraft windows 10 edition

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!

\(^ω^\)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 19, 2024 Views 3,481 Applies to: