i have no internet xbox one s wont save game progress is there a fix for this or did i just waist my money

i have no internet  i just bought a xbox one s  i bought a xbox so i could play offline xbox forums says you can play games offline. you can play offline but you CANT SAVE GAMES without internet! this is misleading advertisement. what happened! i am very disappointed. im so mad cause i cant return the console. i cant return the games i bought.    WHY DONT  YOU SAY ON THE BOX INTERNET IS NEEDED TO PLAY AND SAVE GAMES!!   mircosoft should  fix this problem.  im sad now i have a 300 dollar dvd player that i dont need!     STOP LYING TO PEOPLE. 

You can play your games and they will save you just won't have cloud save access. 

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/using-xbox-one-offline

Being a person is too complicated.
Time to be a unicorn!
Just call me Mystique Elita and gaming is everything you need so play on.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi stevebeeqw,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this situation. As our Ambassador has stated, it is possible to save your game progress locally to the Xbox One S directly by taking the console into offline mode. The link they have provided will detail how to do so directly to allow you to play when not connected to the internet or Xbox Live. 

Going offline can be done following the digital set up of the console (Xbox One System Set Up Solution) which would require connection to the internet initially. You may also wish to take your console online from time to time in order to receive updates to your games and the console as well to ensure that they are performing correctly. 

Once your console is in offline mode, your saves will remain solely on your console until such time as you connect it back up to the internet. At that point, once it is online, your saves can be uploaded to the Cloud to be stored in your profile. For further information regarding this and Xbox One Cloud saves, I recommend our Xbox One cloud game saves: FAQ page. 

I hope that this information helps you out.

Regards,
XBF Amber M
Microsoft Agent | Moderator
(๑•ᴗ•๑)♡
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 8,961 Applies to: