I have lost my Minecraft bedrock world I have checked the saves folder and there is nothing there

I turned on my pc this Moring and discovered that my Minecraft world was gone the first thing I did was check the save files but there was nothing there I also turned on and off my pc

Hello Dan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your Minecraft bedrock world and I know how important it is for you to recover it. I understand that you have checked the saves folder and there is nothing there, and that you have also restarted your PC.

There are a few possible causes and solutions for this issue, depending on how you play Minecraft and whether you have a backup or not.

Here are some steps you can try:

- If you play Minecraft through the Xbox app on Windows 10, you can check if your world is synced to the cloud. To do this, go to Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking and make sure you are signed in with your Microsoft account. Then, launch Minecraft and see if your world appears in the Play menu. If not, you can try to sync your data manually by going to Settings > Gaming > Xbox Game Save and clicking on Sync Now.

- If you play Minecraft through the Microsoft Store app on Windows 10, you can check if your world is stored in a different location. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features and find Minecraft in the list.

Click on it and then click on Advanced options. Under App permissions, make sure that File system is turned on.

Then, open File Explorer and go to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang\minecraftWorlds and see if your world folder is there. If not, you can try to restore it from a previous version by right-clicking on the minecraftWorlds folder and choosing Restore previous versions.

- If you play Minecraft through the Java Edition on Windows 10, you can check if your world is corrupted or deleted. To do this, go to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves and see if your world folder is there.
If not, you can try to recover it from the Recycle Bin or from a backup software if you have one. If it is there, but it doesn't show up in the game, you can try to fix it by using a tool like NBTExplorer or MCEdit to edit the level.dat file inside the world folder and make sure that the DataVersion tag matches the version of Minecraft you are playing.

By the way, just a friendly reminder, it's always a good idea to regularly back up your Minecraft worlds to prevent data loss in the future.

I hope this helps you find and restore your Minecraft bedrock world. If none of these steps work, please let me know and I will try to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Belen T.C.

Microsoft Community Moderator

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Dan,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Belen T.C.

Microsoft Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 855 Applies to: