I can’t log into youtube

When I put my code into youtube.com/activate then select my account and click allow. On my screen and error message comes up saying “something went wrong, sign-in failed” and so I can’t log into my youtube account on my Xbox anymore. I haven’t changed anything so there is no reason for it. Has anyone had this and how do I fix it?

Hey Alexander

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

This is a known issue at the moment, and YouTube is aware of it and are currently working with partners to address the matter.

As we don't have the tools to be able to troubleshoot this on the Xbox Forums, we would have to refer you to YouTube support in order to report the problem and receive more feed back.

This can be done via Twitter or other social media sites as YouTube maintain an active social media presence, but they rarely respond to comments on their posts or direct posts in which they are tagged. In the off chance that you do manage to open a dialogue with a YouTube employee, it's unlikely that you'll receive personalized feedback outside of either a confirmation that your problem is being worked on or instruction to use the YouTube Help center.

I hope this was of some help to you.

XBF Eladio M
Microsoft Agent
Xbox Forums Moderator
"Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared. – Eddie Rickenbacker." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Seems a lot of people are jabbing this issue all of a sudden.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's an issue on Youtube's side.  Go to Youtube into Settings>Connected Accounts then click on Authorized Sites to your Google Account.  Here you'll see Youtube on Xbox Live.  Click on it and revoke access.  Then go back to the Xbox and follow the instructions to relink your account.
Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 14, 2024 Views 2,123 Applies to: