I can’t join a multiplayer server in Minecraft Pocket Edition

Hi there! I am having an issue with connectivity issues in Minecraft PE. Ever since I switched internet providers from Shaw to MTS, I have not been able to connect to an online multiplayer server in Minecraft Pocket Edition. I use an Iphone 6s and the game has been working perfectly fine before. But now, for some reason, I haven’t been able to join my friend at all. Hope you guys can help!

Hi Deshonti,

I'm sorry to hear that you can no longer connect to an online multiplayer server on Minecraft PE. Since this issue began after switching internet providers, I believe the two are related in some way. The internet provider could be blocking Xbox Live connectivity. What happens when your friend tries joining you?

Have you tried disconnecting your device from the network and re-connecting along with re-installing the game?

Do you get any specific error messages?

Give us some more information on the issue and we'll try to figure this out.

Best Wishes,
Diego
Xbox Forums Support

(๑ˆ◡ˆ๑)ノ

119 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Diego! Thanks for replying. I haven’t tried asking my friend to join my world, so I don’t know if that works. I have tried reinstalling the game or even logging in and out of the xbox live account, but it did not work. I tried restarting the wifi, as well as disconnecting my phone from the wifi. The other day, the online portion (stores, servers, the skin interface), did not work at all, saying “cannot connect to store, maybe fix your connection?”. Recently, I have been able to view the above (stores and servers), but when I try to connect to a server, it says “please authenticate xbox live” after trying to load for a while.

49 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Deshonti,

Thank you for the update. Have you confirmed that your game and the host server you are trying to join are up to date and on the same version? Double check your app store for updates and ask the host of the server's if their games are up to date.

Also download the Xbox App for mobile and attempt to sign in to the app without any errors. Take a look at this Minecraft forum thread for a possible solution: https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/minecraft-bedrock-support/2814310-how-in-the-world-do-i-authenticate-to-xbox-trying

This could also be an issue with your service provider blocking the Xbox Live port 3074. If nothing else helps, you may want to contact your service provider for some help authenticating Xbox Live. Here are the Xbox Live ports that should be open for the best connectivity:

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)

I hope this helps!

Best Wishes,
Diego
Xbox Forums Support

(๑ˆ◡ˆ๑)ノ

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, me and my friends are using the bedrock version 1.11.1 (which is the latest).

As for the xbox live account, I do have the app and I can sign in perfectly fine. This also applies inside the game because I can sign in just fine, but for some weird reason the online servers do not work.

For the ports, do all of them have to be open? Also, I do not know if it applies to my situation, but I have read something about the uPnP thing, do you think maybe it’s that?

(I do not have much experience with these router and ports stuff).

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Deshonti,

Thank you for the update. Essentially you want to make sure that at least port 3074 is open and not being blocked by your service provider since that is the default and main Xbox Live port for connectivity.

UPnP is a set of networking protocols that allows your device to securely connect with every other device over Xbox Live. For the most part, this setting is enabled by default with most routers provided by the service provider, but if it is disabled then that is most likely the root cause of the issue and you won't need to open the other Xbox Live ports. This setting is usually found on the main page of your admin router settings, or under the networking tab, but of course the user interface for different router brands vary greatly. If you are familiar with logging into the admin router settings, I recommend going in there and making sure UPnP is enable and if it is, you'll want to disable it, save the changes, and then restart your router. After the router restarts, go back into the settings, turn UPnP back on and then restart your router once more to apply the changes.

Of course, you can also always contact your service provider for some assistance making sure your network is set up for multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best Wishes,
Diego
Xbox Forums Support

(๑ˆ◡ˆ๑)ノ

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I will try contacting my internet provider first before doing anything with the network on my own.

Thank you so much for your help Diego! I will update you on whether it works or not.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Microsoft Agent  i am having the same problem.

i cant seem to connect to my friend who is in Texas (im in uk) and when i join i can  move but i cant break blocks however according to my friend i didnt move  i can also still take damage and when i respawn upon death i don’t have a physicall form in Minecraft

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can join my friend's Minecraft server when we are at same Wi-Fi, but we can't join each other when we are in different network (Wi-Fi) 

Plz help me...

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!

\(^ω^\)

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 89,538 Applies to: