I can't chat on Minecraft bedrock

This all started when sone streamer wanted us to play the bedrock edition of the game. Now, i was more used to java but i had a free cipy of this so i clained it. I noticed though that i cant read other peoples chat messages and they cant see mine. I figured out this was due to a privacy issue and went to the privacy page on my xbox live account and it literally described the page with a link to itself. It then told me i needed to get my parent to fix it, but as i made the account myself there is no parental account, which i confirmed with my parents. The only family account is mine and i cant figure out how to allow myself to see all chat messages, for some reason none of my friends have this issue.

Hi bubbybumble, 

Please try one of the following to see if it fixes your issues:

Manage settings from Xbox.com To change privacy and safety settings for you or a child

1. Sign in to the adult's Microsoft account.
  2. If you’ve forgotten your account email address or password, see the Lost Account Solution or the Lost Password Solution.
  3. To change settings for yourself, continue to step 5.
  4. To change settings for a child, choose the gamertag for your child's account.
  5. Select the tab for Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety or Privacy. Review the current settings and update any that you want to change.
  6. Select Save before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't save the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.
  7. If you changed settings for your child, have them sign in and then sign out of their account to make the changes take effect.

Manage settings from your Xbox One console To change privacy and safety settings for your account
  1. Sign in to your Xbox.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide, then go to System > Settings > Account.
  3. Under Privacy & online safety, select Xbox Live privacy.
  4. Choose a default or customize your settings by selecting View details & customize.
To change privacy and safety settings for a child’s account
  1. Sign in to your Xbox. 
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide, then go to System > Settings > Account.
  3. Under Account, select Family settings > Manage family members.
  4. Select the child whose settings you want to update.
  5. Select Privacy & online safety, then choose default settings or customize by selecting View details & customize.
Manage app privacy settings

When you download apps from the Microsoft Store, each app requires permission to access data from your console.

1. Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide, then go to System > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > App privacy.
  2. Give permission by selecting the check boxes next to your apps. 

If you’re signed in with a child account, you’ll need an adult to sign in and give permission for apps to access your data.

1. Sign in with an adult account.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide, then go to System > Settings > Account > Family settings > Manage family members.
  3. Select a child’s gamertag, then go to Privacy & online safety > App privacy to give permissions.
"Be excellent to each other" ~ Bill and Ted, 1989

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Some settings for Microsoft accounts are set by the age on the account, to comply with laws for different regions, and that age can vary by region.  So based on the age set for the account, that will set certain permissions by default to certain settings, and will need an Adult aged account assigned to your Microsoft Account family to make those changes legally. 

So you can check your Microsoft Account and make sure that your age is set properly, if you're of an adult age, and possibly have to go through the Age Verification process.

Or you could alternatively, you could have your parent's Microsoft Account claim you as a child in the Microsoft Account family, and then make those changes for your account from the Privacy and Online Safety Settings.

Come join us at Xbox Playdates US every Tuesday and Saturday. https://xboxplaydates.us/twitch

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 18,883 Applies to: