I can not get any help changing the birth date on an account listed as a child account in my family page.

I created the child account years ago not knowing the birth date would be such a crucial thing. I got a 2nd Xbox for Christmas this year and put a 2 year subscription to Xbox Live on it only to find it can't play any EA titles online!

I have tried everything to change the birthdate on the account and am getting no where. I even submitted an age verification form on the account and they just closed the request saying i can edit the birthdate using my primary account.... but i can't.

This is all I get when i click the link to "Manage my child's profile info" .

Nothing there but a link back to the family setting page i just came from.

I have tried everything found https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12411/microsoft-account-change-birthdate including filling out the form but nothing works.

I have tried adding the account as an adult to the family and that does not seem to change anything either.

I don't know what else to do at this point and am getting desperate as Christmas is only a few days away and I want to be able to play online with both accounts!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It is not possible to change the age of an Xbox account once it has been created. Changing the Microsoft account age will not also change the Xbox account age. That goes by what you enter when you create the account. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately the date of birth is tied in. You will have to wait till it naturally migrates to adult at 18 (20 in South Korea and Japan)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After 2 full days of trying to fix this I finally got it done!

Put this in your KB for other that run into the same issue. 

What happened is the account was created as a Child account under "Grandma's" account. I had since moved it under my account. Apparently if a child moves between accounts they become unmanageable and you can't edit their profile info. I called grandma and let her know the issue and moved the account back under hers crossing my fingers... and it worked! She was able to manage the child profile and change the Birth Date! 

Just in time for Christmas... A Christmas miracle! 

Also for those of you saying it doesn't fix anything... it did!

All the 2K games are working now.  (I did go delete the Save Game data before running them again and had to accept agreements.)

I just need to see if I can get Star Wars Battlefront working now.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Dave we thank you for letting us know that a work around was found and is currently working!

Feel free to let us know of any changes or further issues so we can try and get you back up and running! 

Thanks again for being the best part of our Xbox team!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It will allow you to play certain games with a child account. 

EA is known for not allowing child accounts through xbox to play their games.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup i still can't get Star Wars Battlefront to log in. :( 

I don't understand why this can't be fixed.  It's an EA issue then? I made an EA account with the same email and set the same birthday. Still can't seem to get it to work. 

The problem is I can't delete the save data from "everywhere" like i could for all the 2k published games is my guess.

Is there a way to delete your savegame data "everywhere" when the option isn't provided on the Xbox?

Seems really dumb to have all these Child settings on the Xbox if none of the publishers use it and all use their own. MS should do something to enforce the use of THEIR system to prevent situations like this.. because i have found plenty over the last few days! The account is no longer a Child account nor is it even part of my family account anymore.... I will never do that again!

Now to start looking into EA to see if there is a way to fix it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunatly you can't change your age, once you make your account that age sticks and there is no way to change it. I did mine my real birthday on my other account when I was around 15 and I tried to change it a few years later but to no avail. You can try to get a refund but I highly doubt they'd give you a new code but you can try?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

EA has their system set so that accounts that have DOB under 18 can not play M rated games in their system.

Like previous posters have stated once a DOB is put onto a MS account as far as the Xbox profile side of things go it is set in stone to that DOB and there is not anyway to change it. It will remain a child account till the DOB that was put onto the account reaches the age of Majority (18 in most of the world).

Here is a link to EAs FAQs about this very issue.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/online-access-for-child-accounts/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Then Microsoft needs to fix the freaking problem!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It actually has to do with a law.

When signing up for an account you are agreeing to the MS terms of use and code of conduct basically going into a contract with MS that you agree to abide by the code of conduct and terms of use. It is actually against the law for a Minor to go into any sort of contract.

This is why the child accounts are required to be attached to a family and an adult account so that the adult account can agree to the Terms of use/code of conduct for the child account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 28, 2023 Views 1,425 Applies to: