I can no longer claim games with gold. I have an active Gamepass Ultimate Subscription that's good until 3/30/2026. but still unable to claim games with gold.

I am unable to claim games with gold anymore. I have an active Gamepass Ultimate Subscription that's good until 3/30/2026. When trying to redeem the free game with gold for the month, Only price shows but no claim option. I did remove my account and added the account again to see if it fixes the problem but that didn't do anything, i am still seeing the same error. I tried to redeem the game from different sources like my Xbox console, PC Windows, table and gamepass app, Xbox appt but no matter where I tried to claim the game from, I still get the same error everywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows***

*Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Account and profile/Other*

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello ApocalypseDooms,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are trying to claim games with the Xbox Game Pass. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Based on your description, you have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. There is a possibility that you still have the Xbox Live Gold subscription into the same account with the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and/or the Xbox Live Gold subscription could be upgraded to the Ultimate. Please see: Upgrade Your Xbox Live Gold Membership to Ultimate | Xbox

We appreciate the details you shared especially all the steps you have performed. However, we are wondering you are having issues with the Xbox Live Gold when one of the benefits of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is to enjoy all Gold privileges. In your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

1. May we ask for a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal your personal information like gamertag, email address and full name.

2. May we ask if what game are you trying to claim? What do you mean by claiming?

3. Are we trying to claim the game using a Windows device? Your post is previously added on that category.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Kathy A.

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

A friendly reminder to always secure your Microsoft account by adding secondary email, mobile #, use authenticator app & generate recovery code - https://account.live.com/proofs/manage/additional

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

1. We are talking about Games with gold. You get 2 free games every month as part of your subscription.

2. Unable to get or claim one of the free games of the month that are offer or giving every month as part of your Xbox Live & Gamepass subscription

3. I tried to claim this free game of the month of June, using deferent methods like my Xbox console, windows Pc, tablet & ECT. Was not able to do it.

The name of the game that I'm trying to get is (The Vale: Shadow of the Crown) This is one of the free games for the moth of June. I have included two images, the first one is showing what i'm seeing and the other is showing what i should be seeing in order to claim the game. The other image was provided by my friend who also has a gamepass ultimate subscription and he was able to claim this particular game.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just want to say that the original poster's issue is not an isolated case. I am having the same issue where I cannot claim Games With Gold games in spite of having a Game Pass Ultimate subscription. I am also trying to claim "The Vale: Shadow of the Crown" with no luck.

In my case, I bought 12 months of Gold, then bought one month of GPU, thereby upgrading to 13 months of GPU. I have done this before in the past and it never gave me this particular issue where I could not claim Games With Gold games. I do still have access to online play (aka, the main benefit of a Gold subscription), so it seems to be just this one thing that I'm having an issue with.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, I have learned that I also do not have access to Deals With Gold (the "exclusive weekly discounts" benefit of Xbox Live Gold). This is also something I did not have an issue with in the past.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having the same issue, my GPU expired, I redeemed some Live Gold and bought 1 month of GPU, successfully upgraded Gold to GPU but now Gold is broken as described above by others. On my console, I am shown the discounted Gold price for games in promo but am not able to purchase at that price, I am instead prompted to purchase Gold, nor can I redeem the free games. Previously redeemed games still work however. Via the store on my phone, when I view a game currently discounted via gold, I am shown the full price, however if I add the game to the cart, this does reflect the correct discounted price. This only works via browser, doing the same on console does not work.

Something is very broken and it appears to be due to upgrading gold to GPU, this results in Gold being 'cancelled' at the time of the upgrade to GPU, something about that cancellation is carrying over and messing with the gold portion of GPU.

As you can see on the phone, borderlands is listed at full price with a prompt to buy gold, but appears at the discounted price in the cart. The Vale which is currently free is not altered once in the cart.

Please solve this for us, it's driving us crazy! I believe it's due to Gold appearing as cancelled on our accounts, that was not there when I had GPU previously, only after upgrading Gold to GPU.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Definitely not an isolated case, most likely occurring to anyone that has upgraded Gold to Game Pass Ultimate recently. My other reply was not to you but to another user with the same issue as I am also experiencing it after upgrading Gold. Likely an easy fix, a simple flag somewhere probably needs to be set or removed. I included a bunch of screenshots showing the problems.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello ApocalypseDooms, DiscoCokkroach, JasonNothanks,

Thank you for all the details and screenshots you have provided.

This is definitely not an isolated issue, and we would recommend that the three of you to report this issue to Team Xbox,

• On Xbox app for Windows:

• Launch Xbox app

• Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon

• Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu

• Select “Report a problem

• Click Give new feedback

• In “Summarize your feedback” provide a feedback summary

• Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.

• Category should automatically be selected.

• In the "add more details" category, you will have the option to "Recreate my problem". Recreating the problem will help us further pinpoint the error you are receiving.

• On Xbox Console:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Store.

• Select Search, and then enter Xbox Report a Problem in the search box.

• Choose the app from the search results, and then select Download.

After installing the app, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller and then select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app.

Once the app is launched, please follow the instructions below:

1. Select Report new problem.

2. Select Reproduce with advanced diagnostics.

3. Read through the details about media tracing, and then when you’re ready select Start trace.

4. On the How to reproduce with tracing instructional page, select Continue. Report a Problem will suspend in the background.

5. Reproduce the issue that you’re having with audio or video. After you’ve reproduced the problem, press and hold the Xbox button.

6. Select Report a problem, and then choose the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. If you’re not sure what to choose, make your best guess.

• Selecting Cancel will exit out of your problem report and discard the media trace.

7. If you have a game clip that also shows the issue you’re experiencing, ensure that Include game clip is selected.

8. Enter a description of your issue. Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:

9. Select Submit to complete your report. It may take longer than expected to send a problem report with a media trace, as traces can be quite large.

This way the Team Xbox will be notified with the issue about game offer for Xbox Gold.

Regards,

Kathy A.

A friendly reminder to always secure your Microsoft account by adding secondary email, mobile #, use authenticator app & generate recovery code - https://account.live.com/proofs/manage/additional

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Seriously I reported this issue 3 times a couple weeks ago and Microsoft did nothing. I removed my profile on my Xbox Series X and added it back again which did not work. I factory reset the entire console which actually did work for a while. I'm assuming one of the store updates broke it again. Before I could at least redeem games with gold in web browser but not I can't even do that. Is there a way to get actual help? There are so many options to request help but haven't found any option which actually helps. Haven't tried calling yet but usually working during the day. I'm in the same situation as the others in this thread - upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate from Games with Gold.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's a couple screenshots showing my subscription statuses.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

On the store via browser, adding the discounted games to cart and then viewing the cart will reflect the correct Gold pricing and allow you to purchase, a few weeks ago this workaround wasn't necessary but they seem to be slowly breaking it more as time goes on. I was able to redeem the last free game too but that's no longer possible via any means now. Wouldn't it be lovely if the team here could forward this thread to those that fix such messes instead of us having to report it all AGAIN. I've spoken with someone already, have an active case number, but they won't reply either despite three follow-ups from me with screenshots etc.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you not direct that team to here or forward the content of this thread to them? I've already got an open case, plus reported it here, if I do what you've asked that will be the third method of reporting this. Why should we have to jump through endless hoops, you already have a ton of info from FOUR people all having the same issue, it's time to fix it rather than reporting it again, and again, and again...

Also, it's not just the free game offer that's broken, if you actually read what we've said you'll see it's a deeper problem when upgrading from Gold to GPU, and it's a recent problem too as one person above says they have done this upgrade before without these issues. Someone has changed something and broken it, not completely, but it has gotten slightly worse than it was a few weeks ago.

I suspect if our accounts did not show live gold as cancelled, this issue would resolve itself.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2024 Views 2,980 Applies to: