How to get Minecraft java to work with CurseForge

Hello,

December 2021 I have purchased Minecraft java. Because it was after 1. December 2021, I could not purchase it with a Mojang account, but only with a Microsoft account and so I did...

I downloaded minefract and I can play it, out of the box.

But I purchased Minecraft java because I want to play a Modpack with my family. When I try to launch the Modpack trough CurseForge it won't accept my Microsoft account. I don't know why.

I tried to login with an account I have borrowed from some family. This is an old account, which was created in Mojang. If I use this account everything works fine.

This lead me to, there are something wrong with the link between Microsoft account and Mojang, so modpacks does not work.

Is there others who have seen this issue and know how to solve it?

Br

Sarah

I have the same issue when launching RLcraft, I changed my microsoft password and reset a few times but still nothing.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the exact same issue. My kid just wants to play farming Valley. 

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Sarah,

This is a known problem with CurseForge and Microsoft Minecraft accounts on MacOS.  It seems to work fine on Windows machines so I assume you are on a Mac (correct me if I'm wrong).  The CurseForge team is aware and I expect it will be corrected at some point in the near future.  In the meantime, I have found a workaround using ATLauncher.  I have to use the .jar version as I can't seem to get the Mac version working properly either.  The .jar version works on my Mac and Microsoft account although it is more tedious to set up than CurseForge.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Sarah,

This is a known problem with CurseForge and Microsoft Minecraft accounts on MacOS.  It seems to work fine on Windows machines so I assume you are on a Mac (correct me if I'm wrong).  The CurseForge team is aware and I expect it will be corrected at some point in the near future.  In the meantime, I have found a workaround using ATLauncher.  I have to use the .jar version as I can't seem to get the Mac version working properly either.  The .jar version works on my Mac and Microsoft account although it is more tedious to set up than CurseForge.

Ok, I have the same problem, I think.. , I am on a windows laptop and I have minecraft (the real deal) from the Minecraft website. I was super exited to play rl craft for java but when I click on any mod from curseforge it takes me to demo, when I try to play it says it is unavailable to play on demo but I clearly have a Minecraft account witch I play on all the time!

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue when launching RLcraft, I changed my microsoft password and reset a few times but still nothing.

I have the same problem, I think.. , I am on a windows laptop and I have minecraft (the real deal) from the Minecraft website. I was super exited to play rl craft for java but when I click on any mod from curseforge it takes me to demo, when I try to play it says it is unavailable to play on demo but I clearly have a Minecraft account witch I play on all the time!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi all,

The latest version of CurseForge solved the Microsoft logon issue for me on MacOS. It works like a champ now. Thanks to the CurseForge team for the update.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi all,

The latest version of CurseForge solved the Microsoft logon issue for me on MacOS. It works like a champ now. Thanks to the CurseForge team for the update.

It works for CurseForge but once you are into the game it shows as offline. When I click the ReAuth button it still says invalid credentials.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Alabartis,

I haven't seen any issues like that on my installation. It actually went quite smoothly and has been running now for a number of weeks. I did delete the old installation completely first and then installed the new version. You might try that and see if it clears it up.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the exact same issue with my mmodpack that i created and the other modpacks others have created. I really need too get this working soon because i need too upload something too my YT channel it needs too be minecraft related because all i have been uploading is roblox. PLEASE FIX THIS CURSEFORGE TEAM PLEASE and thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I seem to have fixed my problem but I'm not sure it'll work for you, basically I went on the curseforge launcher and oppened rl craft it lead to the minecraft launcher where it said play demo i went to the settings accounts and "synced" in with my mojang account as well as my microsoft account that fixxed it for me but maybe it'll work for you too.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 6, 2024 Views 16,246 Applies to: