How to connect to your xbox account on xbox 360 with the authenticator

I have been trying a couple of times to connect to my xbox live account on my xbox 360 over the last years and would always have the issue that my password is more than 16 characters long. I would just say f... and turn on any other console I have instead. I recently thought I could overcome the issue connecting to my account using the authenticator for the 360 only. It appears it is also not working... it keeps giving me the error code 8015D000, just like when trying to use the standard password, which is as previously mentionned too long. What the hell am I doing wrong? Don't tell me to change my password for a shorter one to use it, I won't. Thank you

***Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and network / Other***

Hello Didier Verchiere,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're having trouble connecting to your Xbox Live account on your Xbox 360. The error code 8015D000 usually indicates that there is an issue with your Microsoft account, rather than your Xbox Live account specifically.

One thing you can try is to make sure that your Xbox 360 is fully updated with the latest system software. You can do this by going to the Settings menu, selecting System, and then selecting Console Settings. From there, select System Info and check to see if there are any available updates.

If your Xbox 360 is fully updated and you're still having trouble, you may need to reset your Microsoft account password. I understand that you don't want to change your password to a shorter one, but unfortunately, the Xbox 360 has a limit of 16 characters for passwords. You can reset your password by going to account.microsoft.com or through this link: https://account.live.com/password/reset and following the steps to reset your password.

Additionally, Xbox 360 system does not support 2FA directly . You will need to set up an app password instead . An app password is a one-time password that you use instead of your Microsoft account password whenever you sign in to your Xbox 360.

To set up an app password, you need to:

- Sign in to your Microsoft account.

- Select Security and then More security options.

- Under App passwords, select Create a new app password.

- Note the system-generated app password and enter it on your Xbox 360 console when prompted.

For your reference, see: How to set up an app password to sign in to your Xbox 360 console | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Didier,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Tomm_A

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 458 Applies to: