How do I get my games back after reset?

Hi,

I bought an Xbox One 1TB Console - Tom Clancy's The Division Bundle in 2016. It also came with Forza 2.

I have not used the console for a couple years. I tried a couple days ago and it kept asking for my password. I did a lot of searching and tried various things that I found online. None worked. I finally found a thread of things to try which ended with if none of them worked I would need to reset my Xbox. I did a "reset with keep games." That fixed the login problem, but my games are missing.

So now I've been searching trying to find out how to get my games back. I saw a post I think on this forum to look in My Games > Install. They are not there. I looked in my Microsoft account to see if they were there and found nothing. I have a code for a game I bought, so I tried to use it. I got a message something like"the code has already been used to download the game." I'm stuck as to what else to try. Any help, ideas, magic, etc. would be greatly appreciated. 

Chuck

Answer
Answer

Hello ChuckKZ,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. It sounds like you may have downloaded a different account to your Xbox after the reset. All games you purchase or redeem with a pre paid card would be available to you on any Xbox console as long as you signed in with the account that owns them.

did you get the same Gamertag you have always had after the reset? You may want to consider signing in with other emails if you have any. You can also request a callback from our website to talk with a live agent. They can look up your gamertag and help you out from there. 

Hope this helps!

Happy Gaming!
Chris ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2024 Views 1,479 Applies to: